• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

anyone smoke anything new?

FatherTiresius said:
Well you hafta fix your humidor. Are you using 50/50 or pure H2O? Have you calibrated your hygrometer?
I'm using what used to be 50/50, but is now probably more PG than H2O. I don't think I need to refill it, though, because it's keeping the humidity right around 70%, with variations between 65% and 72% or so as I add and remove cigars. Yes, I calibrated the hygrometer with damp salt. Strangely enough, it seemed to be right on.

My problem is not that my humidor is not keeping the correct humidity; it's that apparently these Tamayo y Pareto Oscuros need to be kept much drier than my other cigars, or else they'll split their wrappers (and in other ways resemble the cigar in Leebo's avatar) when I smoke them. Or do you think it's merely that they arrived much wetter than my other cigars and have not yet had an opportunity to dry out in the humidor? I'm not yet experienced enough to tell just by squeezing them, but they are pretty firm.

I suspect that they arrived with an extra helping of Moisture in them. Now that they have dropped some of it, I would stick em back in the HUmi. You might still want to set em for an hour or so before lighting, I do that with many of the Perdomos that I smoke, and it seams to serve them well.

PuroBrat said:
I suspect that they arrived with an extra helping of Moisture in them. Now that they have dropped some of it, I would stick em back in the HUmi. You might still want to set em for an hour or so before lighting, I do that with many of the Perdomos that I smoke, and it seams to serve them well.
Will give it a shot. Thanks.

i smoked a punch my wife bought for me. not sur which one
but it was about 4-41/2 in. long.
i had it with my morning coffee and yummmm.
it was so smooth with hints of choc. definitely nutty and finished off just as smooth
as it started.
i like almost all the punch line but have only tried the longer ones.
i hope she buys me another.

Bought a box of Oliva Orion 7 X 54 torpedo. Well made with lots of flavor. I tried a few in different sizes and enjoyed them and picked this box up at Cigarbid. Shared them tonight with 3 friends and drinks out on the patio. We all enjoyed them.

I torched an indian super fuerte maduro (toro)...yuuuuuuuuuuuuumy :thumbs:

if ya ask real nice, and wish apon a shooting star ;)

i will send it out friday, i'm getting a few other things on thursday and i'll toss a few in.

Dang, I wish I was a fine lookin' red head!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cause I am pwetty sure that it takes a bit more than a "pwetty pwease!?" to make that list.

:D :p :0 :thumbs:

i've got 1 or 2 that i can spare, send your addy :thumbs: