• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone Use This Google 411?

Ive used it before and Ive never had any problems with it. I hate Cha Cha now because of all the damn advertisements they send you... Google is good though because they dont charge and from past experiences they are accurate with their information.

I've used it a number of times. It's especially handy for when you travel through small and unfamiliar towns and start to get really hungry. It certainly doesn't hurt that it's free too.

I use it too, no problems at all. I like that it's FREE too, as verizon charges for regular 411.

Sometimes has a problem with foreign pronunciations, but that's about it for me. Better than any pay 411 service.

I use it, but I don't like how they only give you 10 selectiions to pick from. Most of the time it works though. If it doesn't work, I'll fire up the interent on my blackberry and do a google search for it.

The voice recognition software is occasionally frustrating so sometimes you have to pronounce things phonetically, but other than that, it's pretty useful if you don't have an interwebphone.

I use it all of the time from the cell. Never had a problem. Beats paying $1.75 for 411.

For those with Smart phones a nice application that will search by City,Landmark,Zip, Cell location is POYNT

AroundMe is my app of choice for these types of situations...

(iPhone)

I've used it, but I find it tedious. If you don't want to pay for 411 it is a useful alternative, but these days I just get on my Blackberry's browser and look it up on the web.

i always use their text service (text your question to 46645) never heard of this till now though