• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone using Smart Home technology?

I lived in Winterhaven, Fla long enough to become acquainted with them. The actual cockroaches, or Palmetto bugs as they are euphemised there.

A cockroach by any other name doth scurry so quickly! :)

Edit to add: Zero privacy means zero money in your bank account, medical records public, and no freedom. So don't be so quick to dismiss privacy as a basic human need. Where it has been eradicated people went to great lengths to get some. It became a luxury item!

Last edited:
I lived in Winterhaven, Fla long enough to become acquainted with them. The actual cockroaches, or Palmetto bugs as they are euphemised there.
Sorry to thread jack a bit, but do cockroaches fly over there? When a cousin of mine visited years ago, he had a fit when I told him ours fly and are nicknamed B-52's.

Sorry to thread jack a bit, but do cockroaches fly over there? When a cousin of mine visited years ago, he had a fit when I told him ours fly and are nicknamed B-52's.

Oh yeah, the big ones do fly.... Kamikaze style.

do cockroaches fly over there?

I've seen them fly short distances. I've never seen them really go full tilt long distance airborne, but maybe it's possible. There are some that are called "stink bugs" Apparently, stomping on them can produce some nasty odors.

Yes, they do. I can personally confirm that a big one can fly into your mouth while you're sleeping. That was when I'd had enough of "Flarda".

Oh yeah, the big ones do fly.... Kamikaze style.
Yes, they do. I can personally confirm that a big one can fly into your mouth while you're sleeping. That was when I'd had enough of "Flarda".
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Omg you keep those things way the hell over there!!

This is just precious! Not only does Alexa order stuff unintended but the news story about the incident sets off a chain reaction of orders throughout San Diego. Brilliant! :D

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...me_a_dollhouse_and_she_does/?mt=1483795705927

That was hilarious. Sound like Amazon needs to find a fix to that.

Very simple "fix" like checking the default settings and adjusting them to your liking. But a lot of people don't like to read the instructions.

Whaddya mean... They live there in Californ-ia too. I have a picture of a "Palmetto Bug" in Fontana at a warehouse it was rather large and disgusting.
Yes, but they are smaller. Well at least the ones around here are just the oriental ones and I have yet to see them fly. Grew up with them all over my old part of town. My new house had a few outside and took care of that. Haven't seen one in my yard for weeks. Luckily, never in the house! They freak me out!!

Whaddya mean... They live there in Californ-ia too. I have a picture of a "Palmetto Bug" in Fontana at a warehouse it was rather large and disgusting.

Those things are everywhere. I see them at the place I work at here in NYC, only about once or twice a year, but they're still around.