• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

April Fools pass

macattak

I enjoyed the Lucky Leprechaun pass so much I started looking for the next Holiday. It turns out it's April Fools Day. I think that calls for a slightly different twist. I was thinking about a dog rocket pass? or maybe a pass that has a reasonable (cheap) cost that you really enjoy? You know, it fools you? And can a newbie like me set up a pass, or do I need the assistance of a more senior member? Let me know what you think.

I'll do that. :)
Definately if there are any questions ask any of the senior members like Gil, Tim, Rod, Shadow ect...
We will all be happy to give advice. :biggrin:

April Fool's Pass, hmmmmmmmm.... I like the "cheap cigars you like" idea. What do you think of taking it one step further into Fool's land and removing the bands, also?

How about a step further then removing the bands... If you're real careful, put a different cigars band on.  You know, throw a Punch band on a Macanudo or something.  (Well ok, maybe it should have been an Old Fashioned since we're trying to keep these inexpensive)In either case - Count me in.  Snail mail sent!Dave

This sounds like a good one, count me in. Snailer sent.

Sounds like a good one to me. Count me in. I like the good but cheap cigars as opposed to dog rockets. Snail sent.Debbie

OK. I guess I'll take people until this Friday. The popular consensus seems to be that we use a fool theme. The smokes we pass will be based on a premise that the stogies in the pass are better than we think they are. Something that we bought on a whim and the sticks are better than we imagined or a stick we want to tell other CP members about. I will send addressess out to all those expressing interest before 03/24/01. You all know I'm nervous here...

No bands is a great idea. By the same token, I won't insist that all the stogies be identifiable easlily either. I have several stogies from the DR that a friend bought me that I really enjoy and the name is pretty obscure. I wouldn't mind spreading the word. If you really like them you'll just have to go with us on the next trip down there.

So far I have snails from:DarrenR
Shadow
DaveWF
shadowryder1
BobI still need them from Tim, avh, and TexCigar.  Last call will be tomorrow night.  I'll send the ship to info on Saturday morning.Here are the rules:1. Cigar should be a low to middle price cigar that you think is a good smoke.  Maybe one that goes unnoticed or your everyday smoke that doesn't bust your wallet.
2. I will send you each an email with your April Fools name and address.
3. Each person should send three cigars to their Fool by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.
4. Cigars should have the bands removed, or you can reband to throw your Fool off of the scent.
5. The three cigars can all be the same, all different, whatever you want to do.
6. We'll wait a week to give us a chance to light 'em up - maybe during the Final Four games watching the Illini win - and then we can post our impressions of the cigar and the sender can fill us in on what was sent.  Number 6 is a little different than the Secret Leprechaun but I want to find out what I smoked!  I'm looking forward to seeing what we all come up with.If any of you have any suggestions for the rules, I'm pretty flexible.  Mack

Just a reminder. We should all have our smokes in the mail by tomorrow to make sure they get delivered by April Fools Day!If anyone didn't get their email with their Fool, let me know.Mack

Looks like a few of the boxes got sent out late, mine included. Mea cupla, or whatever. Let me know if you don;t get yours by Wednesday. Mack