• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

April Pipe Tobacco of the Month and Group Buy.

What will we smoke??

• McClelland Rose of Latakia--Tin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Esoterica And so to Bed--Tin

• Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader--Tin or Bulk depending on the quantity purchased.

• Altadis #100CA Crown Achievement--Bulk

• FMOTT--Tin

• Voodoo Queen--Bulk

• Total voters

Dios de Fuego

My drive to crazy isn't far.
Ok, so in an effort to start up the pipe tobacco of the month again, here is the second month's thread. We will start with a vote on the brand of tobacco, since last month we decided Latakia would be the flavor for this month. I will also host a group buy on the tobacco for anyone interested. If the winner ends up being a tin, I will offer group buys in a half tin or full tin size. If the final tobacco is a bulk, then you can buy half an ounce, or however much you would like by the ounce. I will of course sell the tobacco for the group buy at my exact price, plus shipping to me, and shipping to you. Shipping to you will be the usps $4.80 click and ship special. Hopefully we get a few people interested in the group buy so that we can get some quantity deals. I will accept payment in the forms of pay pal, mo, or a check if you are an active upstanding member. If you are new to the boards and would like to participate, please no personal checks the first couple of times you participate. Please feel free to throw out any suggestions. This Poll will run until Wed. Here goes!

So hopefully we can get some good participation! Everyone that participates please feel free to post your reviews here for your thoughts on the tobacco of the month. I hope we can have fun with this, and get our only little review corer going here.

When I selected the tobacco's for this poll, I tried to select choices that I hope have not been smoked by everyone before. The above choices are all tobacco's that I have smoked at one point in time, and have left a lasting impression on me. I hope you are able to enjoy them as much as I do.

Please enjoy, and vote away!

I'm down for McClelland's "Rose of Latakia" although it was a close call for me with "And So To Bed". I've read some great reviews of both but the primarily oriental character that Rose of Latakia is supposed to present interests me.

As a side note, is Altadis #100CA Crown Achievement supposed to be the Altadis take on the discontinued Lane Limited's "Crown Achievement"?

- Tim

As a side note, is Altadis #100CA Crown Achievement supposed to be the Altadis take on the discontinued Lane Limited's "Crown Achievement"?

Yes, this is a blend that I smoke regularly, as I can not tell even a minute difference between it and the crown achievement. I'm sure there are some small differences, but I don't notice them. It is a very good lite blend.

As some of these tobaccos may be unfamiliar to some people here is a link to read some great reviews on all these tobaccos. You can look them up by blend or brand.

Link for tobacco review

and I vote for the Ca100

I'm going with the Frog Morton as I've never had it and would love a taste! Hope it wins! Come on guys!!

I chose "And So To Bed" - I've always wanted to give it a shot based on the name. I still need to get around to opening my tin of the Davidoff Flake Medallions from the last TOM. Perhaps this weekend I will be able to fire up the Davidoff.

I chose "And So To Bed" - I've always wanted to give it a shot based on the name. I still need to get around to opening my tin of the Davidoff Flake Medallions from the last TOM. Perhaps this weekend I will be able to fire up the Davidoff.

Brother,
Be sure to post a review for us in the march thread!

I voted FMOTT simply because I already have a tin. :)

Be warned on the Rose of latakia. It is universally despised and for good reason. Harsh and bitey and little taste. I have most of a tin I bought in my first order that I jarred hoping time would work magic but I have doubts. ;)

Steve

Voted Squardon Leader because I have never tried it before.

I was wondering when someone would vote for the S. Leader, It's pretty good, and pretty popular. I'm surprised there aren't more votes for it.

Voted Squardon Leader because I have never tried it before.

I was wondering when someone would vote for the S. Leader, It's pretty good, and pretty popular. I'm surprised there aren't more votes for it.

I voted for the only blend in that list I haven't tried, too. It wasn't SL, though. :)

Voted for SL since I haven't had it and it is on my list. FMOTT is my second since I have some in the back of the cabinet I haven't had in awhile.

I'll go with the Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader. From the reviews I've read, it could be a good smoke.

Cheers...

-KiltLad

We need a tie breaker between the squadron leader and the fmott. Next vote for one of those breaks the tie and decides our fate.

Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader is the winner I will get the group buy info together tonight, so if you are wanting to participate in the group buy get ready. I will hold group buy sign ups for a couple days this time so everyone can play.

I'm in for 2 tins, or 5 oz of bulk... doesn't matter which one.. I love this stuff!

O.K. so here is the group buy info.

The prices wil be as follows:

-For tins the price will be $5.66 per tin or cheaper depending on the quantity purchased (2 tins confirmed from Dennis (bigwhiteash) and one from me, to get a bigger discount we need minimum 6 tins total purchased.

-For bulk the minimum bulk purchase will have to be one pound so far if we go bulk we have 5 ounces confirmed from Dennis (bigwhiteash) and 3 from me, this means we need another 8 ounces to be purchased from other members. The per ounce price will be $2.40 per ounce.

The bulk will come from marscigars, and the tins from pipesandcigars if we go with tins.

We will go with the bulk for the group buy, unless we do not get enough participation, in which case we will go with the tins.

We will keep the group buy open until Sunday, and I will order Monday. So if you want to participate simply post and tell us how much you want.