• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

April Pipe Tobacco of the Month and Group Buy.

What will we smoke??

• McClelland Rose of Latakia--Tin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Esoterica And so to Bed--Tin

• Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader--Tin or Bulk depending on the quantity purchased.

• Altadis #100CA Crown Achievement--Bulk

• FMOTT--Tin

• Voodoo Queen--Bulk

• Total voters
OK so far we have enough for the group buy on bulk, here is what Ive got so far:

Bigwhiteash 5 ounces
Dios de Fuego 2 Ounces
Shahnbuckeye 4 ounces
Kiltlad 5 Ounces
total 16ounces

For tins I have:
sinnyc 2 tins
Dios de Fuego 1 tin
Shahnbuckeye 1 tin
Fia 2 Tins

Anyone else wanting to sign up can sign up for as many tins as they want. In order for anyone else to get bulk we have to order another 16 ounces, so we will need more people to sign up for bulk.

The tins and bulk are coming from two different suppliers, so right now Tim is splitting the shipping to me on the tins 3 ways.

Again the group buy will remain open until Sunday evening, and I will order Monday.

If we can get enough bulk for the remaining 8 ozs I'll take 8 ozs of bulk. If not, I'll take 2 tins.

Today is the last day to sign up for the group buy. Still available is:

as many tins as you want, or 8oz. of tobacco (must buy 8oz. unless enough people sign up to get all 8)

I am going to pass on the group buy this time as I am looking to order a pipe/tobacco bag along with my squadron Leader, etc.

Broke another pipe stem the other day. The ziplock baggie and pipe in the pocket just isn't working out well :(

O.K. The tobacco has been ordered. I went with smokingpipes.com instead of the other two vendors, as smokingpipes offers free shipping on large orders. Thus with the free shipping the prices will be much cheaper for all. They only had five tins instead of the six we needed, so I will give up mine as I have bulk coming to me as well. The per tin price is 5.99, which is more expensive than pipesandcigars.com before shipping, but is a little over a dollar cheaper after shipping. The per ounce price also went down, and is now 2.13 for all those in the one pound split. I will send out pm's to every one with there totals with shipping, as well as post them bellow.

April Tobacco Group Buy: smokingpipes.com
Price+Shipping = Total
Bigwhiteash (dennis) 5 oounces 10.65+4.80 15.45
Shahnbuckeye 4 ounces 8.52+4.80 13.32
Kiltlad 5 ounces 10.65+4.80 15.45
Dios de Fuego 2 ounces 4.26+0 4.26
16 total

Tins
Sinnyc 2 Tins 11.98+4.80 16.78
Shahnbuckeye 1 tin 5.99+0 5.99
Fia 2 Tins 11.98+4.80 16.78

Seperat 8oz. Bulk
LilBastage 22.19+4.8 26.99

Shahnbuckeye only has to pay shipping once, since he is buying tins and bulk.

Bulk 2.13/oz
Tins 5.99/ea
Separate 8oz. 22.19/8/oz
Shipping 4.80/person

I'll do a review now since I have most of a tin in a Bell jar right now.

Squadron Leader is an English on the milder side of medium. The VA's dance gently on my tongue and match well with the Latakia and there is good support and interplay between them. The Turkish in the blend doesn't present itself overtly, but rather in hints. It dampens the Latakia a smidge on the finish and adds a bit of subtlety but it usually seems just out of reach - like trying to catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye. Overall I like SL. It smokes coolly and gains strength somewhat in the second half of the bowl but I always find myself wishing it lived up to its excellent aroma in the tin: that is to say; I wish it were a bit stronger all around.

- Tim

Tim,

I very much enjoyed your review, thanks brother.

Here is a list of payments received and or pending from every one.

Bigwhiteash Received
Shahnbuckeye Received
Kiltlad Received
sinnyc Received
Fia Received
LilBastage Received -- Refund on the way

Thanks to all for participating in the group buy!
Taylor

OK Group buy guys. I have some bad news. Smokingpipes.com, who I ordered the tobacco from called me today to let me know that they ran out. They were in stock, but I guess due to schip they no longer are. They have the tins, but no bulk. All being said they are expecting a shipment of bulk in towards the end of the month. I have not been able to find any other suppliers that have this in stock. I will be making some phone calls tomorrow to see if anyone by chance does have it in, as well as calling my b&m to see if they can get some and how quickly. I will report back to you guys as soon as I know something. Resolving this solution is a priority for me, and I do apologize for the situation. Unfortunately it is out of my control. The supplier did say that when they do get it in they will upgrade our shipping at no cost! So if i can't find it somewhere else, then we will have a few option. one we can wait until it comes in. Two we can convert everyone to tins if we can get them. Or three I will offer a refund to anyone that doesn't like these options. Again I am sorry for they issue. Give me a day or so and I'll see what I can do.

OK Group buy guys. I have some bad news. Smokingpipes.com, who I ordered the tobacco from called me today to let me know that they ran out. They were in stock, but I guess due to schip they no longer are. They have the tins, but no bulk. All being said they are expecting a shipment of bulk in towards the end of the month. I have not been able to find any other suppliers that have this in stock. I will be making some phone calls tomorrow to see if anyone by chance does have it in, as well as calling my b&m to see if they can get some and how quickly. I will report back to you guys as soon as I know something. Resolving this solution is a priority for me, and I do apologize for the situation. Unfortunately it is out of my control. The supplier did say that when they do get it in they will upgrade our shipping at no cost! So if i can't find it somewhere else, then we will have a few option. one we can wait until it comes in. Two we can convert everyone to tins if we can get them. Or three I will offer a refund to anyone that doesn't like these options. Again I am sorry for they issue. Give me a day or so and I'll see what I can do.

So the guys that ordered tins are ok? Either way, no rush. I know you are good for it. :thumbs:

Yeah.. I'm down with whatever.. if you find some bulk, or switch to tins, or wait.. I'm good ;)

I'll go with the majority concenses on this...

"if you find some bulk, or switch to tins, or wait."

Let me know and I will PP you.

- KiltLad