• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

APRIL TOBACCO OF THE MONTH- PENZANCE

I smoked a second bowl this afternoon and really enjoy this tobacco. I'm learning to rub out the stuff over a piece of paper or a newspaper or I seem to get more in my lap than in the pipe. That being confessed, I find it to be a flavorful yet smooth smoke. I am letting it dry a little more as I have had a little trouble keeping it lit and it seemed a little "gurgle-prone." Still, I like it a great deal!
Unable to find it locally, I "googled" it and ordered a tin on line.
Any tobacco I rub out or break up is broken up over a small paper plate. It contains the mess and allows you to really see what you're doing.

Hi all,

I'm a new member, just starting to smoke a pipe, since I needed a more time controlled smoke, and couldn't always finish a cigar in the afternoon. Im working on fully breaking in a Peterson Aran Sitter, which is a really enjoyable pipe to smoke. I'm working my way through several English tobaccos at my B&M ( a local tinderbox) and I was wondering if anyone had a bit of Penzance to send along as a sample? I'd like to try it after reading these reviews, and its not at the two local pipe stores.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi all,

I'm a new member, just starting to smoke a pipe, since I needed a more time controlled smoke, and couldn't always finish a cigar in the afternoon. Im working on fully breaking in a Peterson Aran Sitter, which is a really enjoyable pipe to smoke. I'm working my way through several English tobaccos at my B&M ( a local tinderbox) and I was wondering if anyone had a bit of Penzance to send along as a sample? I'd like to try it after reading these reviews, and its not at the two local pipe stores.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

it's great you want to get active here, especially in the pipe thread. however, let us get to know a bit about yourself, go post an intro. for us to read.

Butternut Burley? (By far the best aromatic I've had)

Boswell's Berry Cobbler?

Any of a number of Boswell's aros?

Trout Stream?

Lane's 1Q?

Peterson's University Flake?

Like I said, I don't have a good suggestion, there are a lot of them out there and I'd be willing to smoke any of them at least once...
Thanks for the suggestions, Alan! I have a buddy that recommends G & H Bob's Chocolate Flake, too. Anyone like that one?

Steve

Butternut Burley? (By far the best aromatic I've had)

Boswell's Berry Cobbler?

Any of a number of Boswell's aros?

Trout Stream?

Lane's 1Q?

Peterson's University Flake?

Like I said, I don't have a good suggestion, there are a lot of them out there and I'd be willing to smoke any of them at least once...
Thanks for the suggestions, Alan! I have a buddy that recommends G & H Bob's Chocolate Flake, too. Anyone like that one?

Steve
It's on my "To try list" but I've never had it. I'm a bit leery of a chocolate flavored tobacco, but I'm willing to try anything once.

I have some of Bob's Chocolate Flake. Tried a couple bowls, not sure if I like it or not. Very rich taste and the room note gets lots of comments, but I am just not sure if chocolate is for me in a pipe tobacco.

I will have to try it later on and see how I like it then.

The tobacco of the month for April is Penzance.

Light up a bowl (or two or three) and post your thoughts here.

On deck:

May- Haddo's Delight
June-
July-

I ran out of Penzance about a month ago or else I would join you. :(

It's a very tasty blend. I also found it to be on the cooler-smoking side, but maybe that's just me.

-Jess.

You know its been a while since I have smoked Penzance, and was recently inspired to smoke it again because of the tobacco of the month deal. I will have to say it was a pleasant reunion, Its not my favorite, but its definitely up there on the favorite list. The thing I most appreciate about it is the smoothness, as a lot of latakias tend to be some what ruff, but not penzance. The room note is great and I love the thick flakes.

Notes on the Gawith and Hoggarth,

I love allot of there blends many are some of my favorite smokes, especially the best brown and rum rope. But the Bobs chocolate flake just doesn't do it for me, I agree its to sweet and chocolate tobacco doesnt really have a great appeal to me.

Okay, here is my first pipe tobacco review. I smoked a few bowls of Penzance so far and I really like it. At first I rubbed it out real fine and found it to burn too hot and wet. Then I did a little reading about this stuff I learned it smokes better if you let it dry out a touch and fold and stuff. That hit the mark. I really like the flavor and it stayed lit most of the bowl. It has a strong medicinal flavor to me, but it wasn't a bad thing. I'm too new at this to pick out any types of tobacco blended but I will keep this in my rotation. I like the tin too.

Ordered mine last week and it should arrive today. Can't wait to give it a try as it sounds like my kind of tobacco. :)

Okay, here is my first pipe tobacco review. I smoked a few bowls of Penzance so far and I really like it. At first I rubbed it out real fine and found it to burn too hot and wet. Then I did a little reading about this stuff I learned it smokes better if you let it dry out a touch and fold and stuff. That hit the mark. I really like the flavor and it stayed lit most of the bowl. It has a strong medicinal flavor to me, but it wasn't a bad thing. I'm too new at this to pick out any types of tobacco blended but I will keep this in my rotation. I like the tin too.

I've only been smoking a pipe for 2 months and this is my first time with a flake like tobacco..

I finally had $ in the budget to pick up some tins and Penzance was one of them.. I also rubbed it out too fine and it smoked very hot.. It breaks up real easy. The taste was still awesome tho like a very toned down english similar to Boswells mild english or EMP only milder.. I then did the dry out and just broke it up a little bit and loaded it into my Boswell and man, whatta difference.. Good stuff!!! Stayed lit well and burnt down to a nice ash.. I got no complaints on the smell which is a plus for indoor smoking.. Cant wait to get home tonight and do it again.. I'm definitely picking up a few tins on the next order.

My order arrived earlier this week and I finally got a chance to try some of this highly rated leaf.

Aroma from the tin would be smoky BBQ with some raisins and figs in the mix.

I rubbed out a couple flakes and let them dry for about 10 minutes or so before packing into my new Peterson. The tobacco lit up very easily and required only a couple relights due to my talking for too long and letting my bowl go out.

I cannot say much more about this blend that has not already been said. It is a very nice blend and is sure to make it into the upper level of my rotation. Creamy, smooth, no bite, cool and extremely flavorful. Now I know why Alan loves this stuff.