• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are cigarillos a waste of money?

Busa

I'm on the hunt for short smokes to enjoy while at work (20ish minutes or so) and I'm seeing lots of cigarillo options available by all the big names in the business but, I'm also seeing lost of mixed reviews on these, mostly bad ones. What would be the next size up to where the quality starts getting better and, what are some recommendations for smokes that I can enjoy in a 20-25 min time frame?

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. For me cigarillos are a quick hit and good for waiting on the wife when she goes into a tchotchke shop I have no interest in but I can’t live on them. I need to sit down and either have a conversation or more likely enjoy a good read. Don’t be afraid to try something different and you’ll find what works.

Cigarillos are like anything else - some are better than others. Ya just gotta get smaller packages to try out.

I like the Davidoff Nicaraguan ones that come in a tin. Might be a little bigger than cigarillos though? I think you still have to cut them

Any Cuban panatela (Por Larranaga, RyJ, etc) or shorts (Partagas, Cohiba, etc) The Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Maire are great cigars. Montecristo, I would stay away from the clubs, but the Montecristo Joyitas are great cigars as well.

Any Cuban panatela (Por Larranaga, RyJ, etc) or shorts (Partagas, Cohiba, etc) The Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Maire are great cigars. Montecristo, I would stay away from the clubs, but the Montecristo Joyitas are great cigars as well.
I haven’t had a short/panatela Cuban in years but when I have had them they were excellent too!

I like the Davidoff Nicaraguan ones that come in a tin. Might be a little bigger than cigarillos though? I think you still have to cut them

Those are really good.

Like anything cigar related it's best to try for yourself and see what you like. The good thing about most cigarillos is you can get a tin without breaking the bank and once you find the tins you like then you get sleeves of them.

Ones I personally like are the Drew Estate Undercrowns.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll be giving these a try and try to put up my own short reviews on these

@Busa Don’t overlook the Padrons in a tin. Great smoke for the money. If rumor is correct, it’s tobacco from ‘64 sweepings.

Floyd T

Cigarillos can be hit or miss, it seems. Mixed reviews can make the decision tricky. If you're eyeing a step up in size and quality, maybe consider looking into smaller-sized cigars. They often offer a bit more depth without sacrificing your precious work break time.

By the way, ever thought about kicking back with some money app games during those breaks? Might be a fun way to mix it up and, who knows, you might end up with a win-win situation!

Last edited:
Tats cracker crumbs, just had one yesterday. Awesome smoke.

Plasencia Reserva Original Nestico 4"1/2 * 36

I love a quality cigarillo. David Silver & Gold is one of my favorite.

I’ve had good luck with the Cohiba shorts but
dunno about current stock/prices