• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are Deadwood Tobacco Yummy Bitches Infused???

Rope a Dope

I had a Fat Bottom Betty from Deadwood Tobacco recently. I liked it a lot, very unique but flavorful. It did have a sugary vanilla tipped flavor like Acid cigars do, but it wasn't crazy. When I went to buy another, the very experienced and knowledgeable man in the humidor told me they were infused. That kind of put me off and I didn't buy one. When I got home, I looked them up and found very little info. But what I could find said that they were not infused. Does anyone know what's going on with these Yummy Bitches? is Deadwood lying? They don't mention what fillers they use anywhere either.

I had a Fat Bottom Betty from Deadwood Tobacco recently. I liked it a lot, very unique but flavorful. It did have a sugary vanilla tipped flavor like Acid cigars do, but it wasn't crazy. When I went to buy another, the very experienced and knowledgeable man in the humidor told me they were infused. That kind of put me off and I didn't buy one. When I got home, I looked them up and found very little info. But what I could find said that they were not infused. Does anyone know what's going on with these Yummy Bitches? is Deadwood lying? They don't mention what fillers they use anywhere either.
Don't have a direct answer, but "I liked it a lot" tells me whether you should have it again or not either way. Try the Sobremesa Brûlée by Dunbarton and go down that rabbit hole someday.

I would say a lot of the Deadwood stuff has a sweetened tip. I think what is considered infused is when the whole cigar has a flavor added to it, like the Acid line up. Like Joe mentioned The Sobremesa Brulee, by all accounts seems to have a sweeten tip, despite what its creator, Steve Saka, says. At the end of the day, if you enjoy the cigar smoke it. If you think something is infused it's best to keep it in a separate humidor so it doesn't affect your non infused cigars.

I can tell you without any doubt the box of deadwood Betty’s that I have most certainly have a sweetened end on them. To me it’s like the are dipped in sweet n low. I am not a fan but I keep them for buddies that do like that sort of thing. As others have mentioned, smoke what you like.

Don't have a direct answer, but "I liked it a lot" tells me whether you should have it again or not either way. Try the Sobremesa Brûlée by Dunbarton and go down that rabbit hole someday.
I'll try anything by Saka. Recently tried the Stillwell line. The Navy was a little too mild, but interesting. Putting pipe tobacco in cigars is new to me. I have heard it has been done before, but this was my first experience with it. Not bad, but the Brulee is much better imo.

I can tell you without any doubt the box of deadwood Betty’s that I have most certainly have a sweetened end on them. To me it’s like the are dipped in sweet n low. I am not a fan but I keep them for buddies that do like that sort of thing. As others have mentioned, smoke what you like.
This. I have a 5er for buddies who don't normally smoke cigars or like sweet cigars. They are WAY to sweet for me so something has been added. That whole line I would consider as close to infused as you can get without buying infused.

With all that said, I agree with Joe above. If you liked the cigar why didn't you buy more? Don't put any stock in what other people think of what you smoke. If you like it, smoke it.

This. I have a 5er for buddies who don't normally smoke cigars or like sweet cigars. They are WAY to sweet for me so something has been added. That whole line I would consider as close to infused as you can get without buying infused.

With all that said, I agree with Joe above. If you liked the cigar why didn't you buy more? Don't put any stock in what other people think of what you smoke. If you like it, smoke it.

I know I should have grabbed one. It's the stigma of it I guess. A little immature of me, but it got me. I have a super wide range on my pallet. I can smoke infused and enjoy it, and then have a full bodied very spicy cigar and enjoy that too.

I'll try anything by Saka. Recently tried the Stillwell line. The Navy was a little too mild, but interesting. Putting pipe tobacco in cigars is new to me. I have heard it has been done before, but this was my first experience with it. Not bad, but the Brulee is much better imo.
LOL, many of the guys on here know me to be a Dunbarton whore or fanboy, whichever is worse. I've had 15 different ones over the last 15 months. I would have more, but I'm not so much into chasing those hard to find smokes or his new one that cost over $25 each. Your ability to "have a super wide range on my pallet" is a blessing. I hope Steve finds your answer. Like what you smoke, smoke what you like!

LOL, many of the guys on here know me to be a Dunbarton whore or fanboy, whichever is worse. I've had 15 different ones over the last 15 months. I would have more, but I'm not so much into chasing those hard to find smokes or his new one that cost over $25 each. Your ability to "have a super wide range on my pallet" is a blessing. I hope Steve finds your answer. Like what you smoke, smoke what you like!
I don't chase hard to find cigars but if i see em, i grab em. One of my local B&Ms has a great relationship with Saka, so he carries his entire line.

Timely post. And need to know info. I just this very day bought a couple fat bottom betty. I have never tried any of these. I rather ignorantly put them in with my other singles. The moral of this story is I should pay closer attention to unknown to me cigars before putting them in with my prized anejos and CCs.

Definitely sickly sweetened AND infused. And, if you had one BEFORE Jonathan Drew took them over, you can tell it immediately.

You can taste the same slick he does for Acid. You'll get crap like "botanicals" and "oils" from they're marketing, but it's a fraction of that added to saccharine and spray dried on long filler and the underside of the binder.

Drew follows national marketing trends. Instead of using natural as an adjective for a cigar, he said screw it and just called the whole cigar "Natural".. then, to avoid scrutiny, actually decided to just reverse the word and market and sell them as "Larutan".

How... clever?

Timely post. And need to know info. I just this very day bought a couple fat bottom betty. I have never tried any of these. I rather ignorantly put them in with my other singles. The moral of this story is I should pay closer attention to unknown to me cigars before putting them in with my prized anejos and CCs.

Well, you definitely found out before they could sully your CCs. A coincidence... or are you maybe Irish a little bit? 🍀 😋

To me it’s like the are dipped in sweet n low.

^^^^ Boom! ^^^^

ETA: And why not use sugar.. or even honey? First, it's sticky. But using either would require him to display or make available USDA nutrition facts.

Saccharin has no sucrose component (sugar) and is also shelf stable for years.

Last edited:
Definitely sickly sweetened AND infused. And, if you had one BEFORE Jonathan Drew took them over, you can tell it immediately.

You can taste the same slick he does for Acid. You'll get crap like "botanicals" and "oils" from they're marketing, but it's a fraction of that added to saccharine and spray dried on long filler and the underside of the binder.

Drew follows national marketing trends. Instead of using natural as an adjective for a cigar, he said screw it and just called the whole cigar "Natural".. then, to avoid scrutiny, actually decided to just reverse the word and market and sell them as "Larutan".

How... clever?
Man, you really let JD live in your head rent free 🤣

Man, you really let JD live in your head rent free 🤣

How so? From commenting in a thread about Drew Estate cigars?

If anything, it's about infused cigars... not exactly a wide net needed to discuss the person behind most of them.