• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are my 70% Beads Working Properly?

Well, I recharged the beads and the humistats once again last night. Before recharging them, the humidity level was only at 66%. I spray soaked all around each of the tubes once again, but I applied more distilled water to them by spraying them more. One of the members in here mentioned that it's very hard for the distilled water to penetrate the small slits on the plastic tube in order to get to the beads inside. I hope that this is the problem that I am having. Anyways, I added more distilled water than I usually do when I sprayed all around the exterior part of the tube where the slits are located. I also recharged each of the 2 humistats once again.

I hope that the beads got soaked really well this time around for them to start generating the proper amount of humidity that's needed in order to keep the humidity level inside my humidor at 70%. Like I said before, I am sick and tired of having to recharge my humidor every 4 to 7 days. It's a big pain in the a$$ and it takes a very long time. This is why I purchased the 70% beads. So I wouldn't have to spend time having to keep recharging and babysitting my humidor.

This time around, after recharging the beads once again, I really hope that the beads inside each of the 3 tubes are filled with enough distilled water to start working properly. Next time, I might open up each end and just "pour" a very generous amount of water into each end of each tube if the humidity level doesn't reach the 70% mark. I am sick and tired of worrying about this. I don't even open my humidor very often, so it should be able to attain the correct 70% humidity level. With my luck, I will probably have to recharge the beads in the tubes and the humistats again. Cigar storage should be fun, but it becomes a big hassle when one has to baby sit a humidor like this every few days. I am NOT pleased at all by this.

I checked my humidor late yesterday afternoon and it read 71% humidity. I am wondering HOW LONG before the humidity level drops again back to 63% to 66%? I hope that the humidity level will stay at 71%.

Zeebra said:
Rob_k said:
i have also found putting the beads in a piece of old pantyhose or the sack that viper sells allows for better moisure release, the tubes holes seemed too small.
[snapback]259711[/snapback]​

I tried putting my beads in a little nylon type sack, but i found distilled water leaked out of it and stained my humidor. Maybe I had the beads too wet?
[snapback]259717[/snapback]​

You added too much water. If you over hydrate the beads the water will run off. If they are hydrated correctly they will not let of liquid just gas moisture.

smallg said:
Mr. Clinton - spraying the tube directly didn't seem to work for me. The water simply did not penetrate through the small holes as I would have liked. I found that removing the red caps and spraying into the ends worked best.
[snapback]259693[/snapback]​

There is no problem adding the distilled water directly to the beads by removing the end cap. Just add the distilled water slowly and there will be no problem.

Captain Leafheart said:
I'm sure that my home's RH is low now, but I believe the humi's seal is good.
Anything is possible, but it always kept stable RH until the beads were added. Before bed last night, the digital hygro read 68%. 9 hours later it read 64%.
It has been an ongoing routine of too frequently having to add water to the beads. This morning I replaced the oasis foam into the humidifier. I'll monitor it's performance and if it works as it did before I'll probably request a refund from Heartfelt.
[snapback]259629[/snapback]​

It sounds like you are not getting enough distilled water on the beads. Remove one of the end caps and pour some distilled water directly on the beads slowly. This is the best way to recharge them and the quickest.

I haven't been to my office now for 2 days to check the humidification level, but when I was there the last time 2 days ago, the humidity level was at 71%. I just recharged the beads/tubes and the 2 humistats the day before, so the humidity level went back up to 71%.
I know very well that I "lose" humidity, so I have to go back to the office tommorrow on Sunday to recheck the humidity level again. I hope that I didn't lose any humidity since 2 days ago. If I did and if the humidity level goes back down to 63% to 67%, then I will just have to keep recharging the beads and the humistats. I have no other choice. I hate babysitting my humidor. :angry:

I wouldn't get stressed about it, your smokes will probably be better in the mid 60's anyhow. I think many people are having trouble keeping humidity up right now (myself included) but it's not enough to worry about.

I got into Cigars for a Hobby.......and just like a beautifully kept fish tank....thats what my humidor is "a beautiful fish tank" for everyone to look at...I don't mind checking the RH and adding water, and if I didn't enjoy storing my own cigars....I would just buy one each time I wanted a smoke....Bill Clinton, theres more serious issues going on in this country right now than to get upset over putting water on your beads every 4 days....sit back and enjoy the hobby you have chosen, and remember the sacrafices the young service men/woman are doing for this country right now.....Happy Holidays.....

Nrotik said:
I got into Cigars for a Hobby.......and just like a beautifully kept fish tank....thats what my humidor is "a beautiful fish tank" for everyone to look at...I don't mind checking the RH and adding water, and if I didn't enjoy storing my own cigars....I would just buy one each time I wanted a smoke....Bill Clinton, theres more serious issues going on in this country right now than to get upset over putting water on your beads every 4 days....sit back and enjoy the hobby you have chosen, and remember the sacrafices the young service men/woman are doing for this country right now.....Happy Holidays.....
[snapback]261410[/snapback]​

I agree. I should be thankful that I at least have cigars in my humidor to smoke.