• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are these good prices for opus/anejo?

dlow

Noob
I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything dumb here. I'm looking to grab a few Fuente Premiums (something I admittedly know very little about). They are from various retailers. Never having bought Opus before, I wasn't sure where to start. Here's a few of the samplers I came across:

Fuente Holiday Collection - $99.99
- 2 Opus X Fuente Fuente
- 2 Double Chateau Sun Grown
- 2 Double Chateau Nat
- 2 Hemingway classic
- 2 Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo

Fuente Sampler - $42.95
- 1 Fuente Hemingway Classic
- 1 Fuente Hemingway Signature
- 1 Fuente Hemingway Between the Lines
- 1 Fuente Anejo Reserva #50

Fuente Super Sampler - $50.00

- 1 Opus X Robusto
- 1 Opus X #5
- 1 Hemingway Work of Art
- 1 Hemingway Best Seller
- 1 Anejo #77 Shark

Thanks ahead of time.

Those are some pretty good prices. Can't go wrong with that! Good luck.

Those are great prices for a great sampling of Fuente's. You'll want to try the Hemingways in maduro. 858SG is the quintessential Fuente (IMHO). It's unfortunate they don't make them in regular production. Cuban Beli is close....

So, I was only able to score the holiday collection (it's from 2007). They also have a couple of '08s in stock if anyone else is interested. Here's the retailer: http://www.rockyscigars.com/catalog.asp?prodid=472575 I'm not affiliated with them in any way. Also, I'll let everyone know how the order goes. They seemed nice on the phone and are rated A+ by the BBB.

The other samplers were at leaf and ale by the way, but they incorrectly listed these as in stock when they weren't. Ohh well...

why is it that everything good has to cost so much? really.
Sometimes it's about quality and not quantity brother. I'm sure these guys with their nice stashes didn't acquire them overnight. ;)

Opus

Anejo

These prices are complied by a member of this board, so a big thanks should go to Moki.

Also, it is important to note that the prices do not include state tobacco taxes and any applicable sales tax.

Sales Tax by State

Those are some very good prices dlow. Especially on the Opus. Opus and other fine premium cigars need to be aged for a while in a humi before enjoying. I find that the Opus X needs at least 6 months rest time before smoking. Actually a year makes them even better if you have the patience. This is true on most A.Fuente cigars. My fav is the A. Fuente Don Carlos #2. I will age it for a minimum of 6 months. Have fun!

I just realized that I never followed up on this thread. So I got the AF holiday sampler. It was a 2007, so there's already some age on it. It arrived sealed with no issues. I can't wait to try the opus. If anyone else is interested, they have a couple of '08's left at the same price.

Opus and other fine premium cigars need to be aged for a while in a humi before enjoying. I find that the Opus X needs at least 6 months rest time before smoking. Actually a year makes them even better if you have the patience.

Your opinion (which you're certainly entitled to), but I'd disagree. Aged Opus are too mild, for me. I prefer the flavor and kick of the fresh ones.

Smoke what you like. Smoke a lot to figure out what that is. :D

-John

I agree with John :0

Opus fresh are some great smokes. But some of them with a couple years are some fantastic smokes.