• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are These Opus X Fake?

PGK

Banned
Im not sure what the policy is here with ebay so if you would like the link please SS me or search opus under cigar boxes, but I found 10 opus X "bands" on ebay for $86. These have to be fake no? If anyone can help me figure it out Id greatly appreciate it as Ive always wanted to try an opus and at less than $10 this would be great........If they are real.

-Pat

Im not sure what the policy is here with ebay so if you would like the link please SS me or search opus under cigar boxes, but I found 10 opus X "bands" on ebay for $86. These have to be fake no? If anyone can help me figure it out Id greatly appreciate it as Ive always wanted to try an opus and at less than $10 this would be great........If they are real.

-Pat

Search this site for 'ebay' or 'ebay chili pepper'...page no 2 has more info on past auctions and out comments.

By the way, what leads you to believe they would be fake?

Oh, feel free to post the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

I felt like they were way too cheap to be real. I've never bought opus before but i understand that they sell in the $15-$25 depending on size no?

$86 for 10 seems low. In any case now taht I posted the link im sure the price will go up but thats fine, I dont really have a c-note to spend on cigars ( even opus x ) right now :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

I felt like they were way too cheap to be real. I've never bought opus before but i understand that they sell in the $15-$25 depending on size no?

$86 for 10 seems low. In any case now taht I posted the link im sure the price will go up but thats fine, I dont really have a c-note to spend on cigars ( even opus x ) right now :p

Contact some of the vendors on this site....see if they have any at a reasonable price.

They look like they are probably real, but I wouldn't personally risk $100 bucks on cigars bought on ebay.

Contact the vendors here and hang around for awhile, real good deals pop up pretty frequently.

They look like they are probably real, but I wouldn't personally risk $100 bucks on cigars bought on ebay.

Contact the vendors here and hang around for awhile, real good deals pop up pretty frequently.

I second that motion.

I believe the cigars are junk but it is being sold for the bands on the cigars and the box, as collector items.

Keep an eye on that auction. Still has over 1 day left until it ends. I bet it's going to sky rocket. Most fleabayers will overbid for stuff, especially Opus.

Keep an eye on that auction. Still has over 1 day left until it ends. I bet it's going to sky rocket. Most fleabayers will overbid for stuff, especially Opus.
Note to self: Put Opus on Ebay, retire early

Problem with e-bay is there are a few good sellers, the rest are scam artists. You cannot sell the cigars and can only sell the bands or box and have to not that the contents are not for consumption. I've known a few online vendors to develop a client list from selling on e-bay and once they have they lower there prices.

I would not be surprised to see these sell for over $200 for the 10. But with everything on e-bay you never really know what your going to get.

I am passing on this one. The wording is too shady. All this sellers talk about how he has no idea about the cigars the bands are on at all leads me to believe that he may have thrown opus bands on some dog rockets.

Not worth it really id rather get 5 Opus I know are real for the money.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

The $86 sticks are now $143.. I totally agree with Rod and expect they will climb much higher as the auction comes closer to end.

art

Another thing with eBay. Because you are only purchasing the bands and box who's to say those bands aren't shipped to you on White Owls? You could then be the proud owner of 10 $20 a stick grape White Owls with OpusX bands. Could you do anything about it? No, because the seller sent you exactly what you paid for.

Cigars and eBay is just a bad idea.

I've seen that on Ebay before. They phrase it like that because they can't technically sell tobacco, so they have to sell the 'bands' which just happen to be around cigars (which aren't meant for consumption :rolleyes: ). They seem like the real thing, but why take a chance? With the wording there is nothing you can fight if you get Quorums in an Opus X band. You'll find great deals on Holts, and most cigar BBs tend to have pretty good sales when you can catch them.

Hell, just put a post up that says "I have $100 and am interested in buying some Opus X". I bet you'll get a much better deal than you would on Ebay.