• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are these Romeo y Julieta Churchills real?

Locke815

I got two of these as a gift (I guess I can't say from where?) and I'm not 100% sure if they're real or not. They seem real except for the fact that they don't have the gold band on them that I've seen in pictures.

2mribyh.jpg

30keu84.jpg

erbby9.jpg

The cap looks odd and there's no second band - that says 'CHURCHILL'.

I havn't had the RyJ tubo so I can't take a look.

If they were gifts..enjoy!

:thumbs:

Might help:

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Romeo_y_Julieta

Thanks guys. Going by that link, all seems to be fine except for the lack of the gold band (which I still find puzzling, real OR fake), I can't tell myself by the cap. I entered the UPC code on the tube into the UPC database and found this http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/8500001030188 so I'm pretty confident now that they're real, or at least the tubes are. In any case, thanks for the help.

I don't have any experience with R&J Churchills as to what band was on them and when, but the bands on yours looks like the bands on my Tubo #3's. It's embossed and the color and spacing looks good. Your cigars appear to have a fine toothy fuzz on the wrapper that is characteristic of the Cuban R&J. I say real. Smoke one and let us know.

Edited to correct typos.

I don't have any experience with R&J Churchills as to what band was on them and when, but the bands on yours looks like the bands on my Tubo #3's. It's embossed and the color and spacing looks good. Your cigars appear to have a fine toothy fuzz on the wrapper that is characteristic of the Cuban R&J. I say real. Smoke one and let us know.

Edited to correct typos.

Search Evil Dr. Moki!

:D

Wow, the last box I had was the old style gold churchill label only.

Anyway, these look legit.

Hrm...

I do have to admit that all my usual sources still have the gold band on them, and they are rather fresh boxes.

God, this is all so much easier when you live in a county that does not ban cuban imports.

Wow, the last box I had was the old style gold churchill label only.

Anyway, these look legit.
They look fine to me.

Are you (both) saying there may not be a second band on the churchill tubos?

Grateful, you may be correct. I think I read the website wrong. From the website:

Bands: Tubos until c2008 had a special Churchill band; then standard band B, plus a special Churchills band. Non-tubo releases had a standard band A.
Tubes: Standard tubes used to c2008, then replaced by the premium tube.
Packaging: P3at, B10at, B25at. B10, B25, Cajón100.

Grateful1 seems to be correct. I would question the cigars authenticity. Smoke one and see if it tastes ok.

The other thing that is bothersome...the tubo ...'RyJ' seems to be rather large type.

Now, the number might match up in the code...but that could always be printed on.

The other thing that is bothersome...the tubo ...'RyJ' seems to be rather large type.

Now, the number might match up in the code...but that could always be printed on.

Please send one cigar to Gary and the other one to me. Between the two of us we should be able to figure out if the are real. We will return the tubos for your collection :thumbs:

Haha I really don't know what to think now. If they're fake they appear to be pretty good fakes, and I figure they would have put gold bands on them.

These were bought in a large, reputable store (not a cigar store), but in a city where fake Cubans are common. I won't be smoking one for a while anyway so it'll remain a mystery to me for now.

Also, they could be legit and Cuba just screwed up and didn't put the band on. I had that happen with some PSD Especials LE '10. They put Partagas Serie P No. 2 bands on them. LOL

Take a picture of the INSIDE of the tubo....to the bottom. Is there a 'star'pattern or is it smooth?

Here's the run down:

1) no second band
2) possible cap issue(is it triple cap?)
3) Tubo printing 'seems' off - but numbers register.

Did I miss anything?

Oh yea...take a pic of the 'foot' .

Yeah, it looks to be more the style of the Short Churchill tube.
images%5CRomeo_y_Julieta_Short_Churchills_cigar_full_0.jpg

Ok..if anyone has one that they know to be legit...please measure the length of the 'text' on the side of the churchill tubo...and post it here.

Locke...do the same.