• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you bombing for the right reasons...?

I pretty much never bomb back at someone who hits me (with notable exceptions for some long standing feuds between people in frigid Alaska and Rochester). By really practicing the PIF concept when it comes to bombs in/out you avoid the trap of having the same dozen guys sending eachother bombs all the time talking about how awesome they all are.

I pretty much never bomb back at someone who hits me (with notable exceptions for some long standing feuds between people in frigid Alaska and Rochester). By really practicing the PIF concept when it comes to bombs in/out you avoid the trap of having the same dozen guys sending eachother bombs all the time talking about how awesome they all are.

And this Sir, is why you are "Da Man"

Tim

I have to say reason I joined the War is 2 parts

1. I really love sharing cigars with others. I would say I feel this way because when I first starting smoking cigars seriously, folks where super kind and dumped alot of different kinds of smokes on me to let me learn what I like.
so when I have sent these bombs I have tried to find things they would like and few they may have not tried.

2. I feel I have gained so much from this community that I wanted to give back in some way.

1. I really love sharing cigars with others. I would say I feel this way because when I first starting smoking cigars seriously, folks where super kind and dumped alot of different kinds of smokes on me to let me learn what I like.
so when I have sent these bombs I have tried to find things they would like and few they may have not tried.

2. I feel I have gained so much from this community that I wanted to give back in some way.

Agree 100%

It's more fun to share something that you truly enjoy than to enjoy it alone.

Agree 100% as well. When the "war" was started I figured it would be a great opportunity to thank some of the guys that have established and made this place somewhere I enjoy spending time and reading everyday when I get home from work. Before I joined CP I knew pretty much one thing about cigars. Well two. They sold them down the street from me and sometimes I liked to by a few and smoke them. Thanks to this community I have learned what I like, I have gotten to try cigars that I NEVER thought I would have a chance to try, and I have had many great laughs.

This was a great read and I can chalk it up as another one of the great things you can learn from this place.

Thanks for re-posting!

I'm not the most prolific or active member (too many deployments, most with little to no internet access has seen to that) but I can remember a time when people, when bombing, went out of their way to ensure the recipient didn't know who sent the bomb at all. They may have guessed who it was from and they may not. I once sent a bomb from Florida (while there TDY) with a Michigan return address while I lived in NC; all just to confuse the recipient.

Also, many noobs spent months or years trying to find an appropriate bomb for people that helped them early on, not to mention trying to get an address for a FOG on the DL so it wouldn't be obvious who sent something. I still am searching for good bomb fodder for a few FOGs that helped me years ago, cause I want it to be unique and special.

Just my 20Y

V/R

HK

This has always been my expectation. I bomb with the intent to create a chain reaction of happy bombing fun time across CP that will move on and, not to get back to me except maybe in the form of a hand shake at a herf.

It sounds like you "get it". Well done.

Well I joined the war on FOGS for a few reasons.

1) To send a little appreciation bomb to show the appreciation I have for their help.

2) A act of kindness to a BOTL

3). A possibility of the start of a good friendship with a BOTL

I'll never forget the first time I came home from a long day of work to a random package in my mail box. I couldn't believe that someone I didn't know, from a forum I had just joined, would be so generous. It's that feeling that has kept me here and motivated me to send out the occasional package whenever I could. That's my motivation, it only serves to make a small contribution to strengthening this community and giving someone else that same feeling.

There's 4 kinds of people in this community, those that get it, those that don't get it, those that will never get it and those that are going to get it.;)

Doc.

smiles I am glad to hear you say that j and yes bruce had it right and does still with those words. the problem is that staiway is tempting and hard to walk past sometimes it seems to be so easy to walk those stairs but truth is it is a stairway that leads to nowhere and i amglad folks here are still putting that mesage out.

There's 4 kinds of people in this community, those that get it, those that don't get it, those that will never get it and those that are going to get it.;)

Doc.

I got it once.....

but that shot you gave me cleared it all up........

I have to say this is very inspiring to me as a newb. This shows what kind of comradery is around here and what you have as a newb to look forward too if you stick around.

Wait till you get to meet some people in person. Some of the bests times I have had as a member have been cuddling with multiple people here.

Fixed

My reasons for bombing are pretty straightforward. I have HVAA ISR platforms that I need to get in-country. Ergo, IADS targets (airfields, EW & SAM sites, GCI, etc.) all need to be bombed so as not to be able to shoot down my multi-million dollar aircraft. Easy.

Wait...what?

Trey

My reasons for bombing are pretty straightforward. I have HVAA ISR platforms that I need to get in-country. Ergo, IADS targets (airfields, EW & SAM sites, GCI, etc.) all need to be bombed so as not to be able to shoot down my multi-million dollar aircraft. Easy.

Wait...what?

Trey

Friggin classic!! :thumbs:

Tim

Wait...what?

Trey

Put in your request for MUSIC ON and descend to military crest, ensure that your planned route of flight is deconflicted via IMOM and prep the BLOS for Bogeys outside Music range.

V/R

HK