• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arganese Maduro Robusto

oracle202

Arganese Maduro Robusto

Wrapper: Brazilian
Binder: Indonesian
Filler: Dominican

Rating: 9.0

Click Here for Pics

This company has become a very recent addition to my cigar vocabulary. Created by a land developer and avid cigar smoker, this new company is really producing some spectacular smokes right now. The cigar reviewed here is from the Maduro line. The thing I really love about this company is that they break up their cigars into three blends, Mild, Medium, and Strong. And they are all really fantastic, with the Medium line (the Maduro's) rising to the top. With an introduction like that, I should just get down to business.

The only reason this cigar did not score higher was due to some of its cosmetic problems. The wrapper is veiny and toothy, not the best looking maduro wrapper I've come across, but its not ugly by any means. The cigar band is a bit tacky and cheap feeling, which wouldn't be an issue if this was just another cheap house brand smoke but this cigar can compete with the best of them, and I found myself longing for a band that said as much.

The cigar cut clean and pre-light draw tasted of chocolate and aged tobacco. The draw was perfect for my taste, the burn was even but I should note that the ash tends to curl and get blown off on this cigar, which is something I don't come across often. The first inch or so of this cigar tastes heavily of cappuccino. Further smoking brings in dark chocolate underlined by a hint of spice. This keeps up until the midway point where the chocolate fades to a heavy tobacco taste. The finish is short, in fact the whole smoke is short, and ends on that heavy tobacco taste with hints of spice throughout. Fabulous cigar, I currently have a few boxes on order and for the price, $6 a stick, I can't imagine why I haven't bought more...

Arganese Maduro Robusto

Click Here for Pics

This company has become a very recent addition to my cigar vocabulary. Created by a land developer and avid cigar smoker, this new company is really producing some spectacular smokes right now. The cigar reviewed here is from the Maduro line. The thing I really love about this company is that they break up their cigars into three blends, Mild, Medium, and Strong. And they are all really fantastic, with the Medium line (the Maduro's) rising to the top. With an introduction like that, I should just get down to business.

The only reason this cigar did not score higher was due to some of its cosmetic problems. The wrapper is veiny and toothy, not the best looking maduro wrapper I've come across, but its not ugly by any means. The cigar band is a bit tacky and cheap feeling, which wouldn't be an issue if this was just another cheap house brand smoke but this cigar can compete with the best of them, and I found myself longing for a band that said as much.

The cigar cut clean and pre-light draw tasted of chocolate and aged tobacco. The draw was perfect for my taste, the burn was even but I should note that the ash tends to curl and get blown off on this cigar, which is something I don't come across often. The first inch or so of this cigar tastes heavily of cappuccino. Further smoking brings in dark chocolate underlined by a hint of spice. This keeps up until the midway point where the chocolate fades to a heavy tobacco taste. The finish is short, in fact the whole smoke is short, and ends on that heavy tobacco taste with hints of spice throughout. Fabulous cigar, I currently have a few boxes on order and for the price, $6 a stick, I can't imagine why I haven't bought more...

The review read great till it got here. It made me think that you either smoke non-stop, or there will be a stack of Argonese boxes somewhere inside your walk-in cave.

Oh, and DROP THE LINKS TO YOUR FRIGGING BLOG!!!
Speaking of blogs, you should invest in your own web site and get away from spam-land. Might cost you somewhere around $20/month.

Arganese Maduro Robusto

Click Here for Pics

I'm interested in hearing a review of any other of their cigars, as I've heard that this is the best (if not only) reasonable smoke in the line.

What's your template for rating cigars?

Also, do the cigar companies pay you for reviews? or give you free cigars?

I'd like to be in that kind of business. :thumbs:

To Bruce: I do have three boxes of these sitting in my walk-in humidor. One is half empty, the other two are there to age for a few years. I got the first few of these as a gift from another cigar friend and that is what prompted the review. I don't understand why you still got hard-on about the blog links. Chill out. No one is putting a gun to your head to click anything. There will be one link from now on for those who want to see the pictures. My blog has no ads of any kind anymore, because (as I stated before) i make pennies off them and was not trying to "plug" my blog for financial gain. If you or the admin of CP don't think I've been honest or reasonable then ban me. I've done all I will do. Once again, thanks for the warm welcome.

To Grateful1: I rate all my cigars on a ten point system. i give a score for draw, burn, taste, construction, and overall impression, and then i average the scores together. To answer your question about to I work for the cigar industry, the answer is no. I own a design company and it allows me a good deal of free time to mess with my hobbies, mainly smoking cigars. I wish the industry gave me free sticks, maybe if my reviews draw enough attention they will. That would be nice. I have no bias on the cigars I review, and no connection with any of the companies. I am just a herfer like you.

To Bruce: I do have three boxes of these sitting in my walk-in humidor. One is half empty, the other two are there to age for a few years. I got the first few of these as a gift from another cigar friend and that is what prompted the review. I don't understand why you still got hard-on about the blog links. Chill out. No one is putting a gun to your head to click anything. There will be one link from now on for those who want to see the pictures. My blog has no ads of any kind anymore, because (as I stated before) i make pennies off them and was not trying to "plug" my blog for financial gain. If you or the admin of CP don't think I've been honest or reasonable then ban me. I've done all I will do. Once again, thanks for the warm welcome.

To Grateful1: I rate all my cigars on a ten point system. i give a score for draw, burn, taste, construction, and overall impression, and then i average the scores together. To answer your question about to I work for the cigar industry, the answer is no. I own a design company and it allows me a good deal of free time to mess with my hobbies, mainly smoking cigars. I wish the industry gave me free sticks, maybe if my reviews draw enough attention they will. That would be nice. I have no bias on the cigars I review, and no connection with any of the companies. I am just a herfer like you.

Do you even bother reading this board? We don't give a shit about broadcasters. This has less to do with you linking than it does about your attitude. Well, no, the linking is up there too - specifically since you were told not to. You aren't getting it, and I doubt you will. You were warned. Carry on.

That's pretty brazen of you... So in other words, you come to this website to promote your blog, and you've made the necessary changes that you feel are adequate, and that's it? You won't last long here. If you want to contribute to CP, then why don't you upload your photos here? Why post a link to your blog? You can easily post the photos at CP.

Keep it up and you will be banned. This is your last warning.

Oracle has confided in me that he will not be returning to CP, after calling me an asshole. I'm truely saddened.

He will be missed.

edit: sorry, that should read 'before' calling me an asshole.

No last warning needed Rod. Consider me 'banned'. Its sad that a forum with so many nice and knowledgeable users is ruined by such snobby and immature admins. Find me in one of those "lesser" forums if you wish to read any further reviews.

Oracle has confided in me that he will not be returning to CP, after calling me an asshole. I'm truely saddened.

He will be missed.

edit: sorry, that should read 'before' calling me an asshole.

Bruce I don't know why you have a problem getting along with people? :whistling: ;)

No last warning needed Rod. Consider me 'banned'. Its sad that a forum with so many nice and knowledgeable users is ruined by such snobby and immature admins. Find me in one of those "lesser" forums if you wish to read any further reviews.

If you were around for a while...you'd know that Rod is the only Admin.

/blatantadminsuck
Child like and as loveable as he may be...he's ours and we love him!

/end blatantadminsuck

Why don'tcha head back over to Cigar Live then. ;)

Bruce is a asshole, but he's our asshole! :p

:laugh:

Chased away another dick or made a dick to chase away... ???

why don't you upload your photos here?

Isn't it better to waste away "blogger.com" bandwidth than yours? Although I guess you get both by using an [ img ] tag linked to the other site.

I think he would get a much nicer reception at Snobs. :whistling:

I think he would get a much nicer reception at Snobs. :whistling:

I was thinking the same thing. :laugh:

You write something like this and you call us immature.

Good luck bro