• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aristocrat pipes/London made.

SmokinInCanada

At my local B&M today I was approached by one of the long time pipe smokers there, I guess he is selling off some of his pipes. He told me about some of them that he had but none of them I was really interested in...i.e. I couldnt afford :laugh:

Anywho he says he will sell me this Aristocrat bent billiard pipe for 15$ as abit of a deal. Now he couldn't tell me much about the pipe other then he acquired it in some trade and he has only smoked it about three times, so it's practically new. I have been trying to find something about the makers of the pipe "Aristocrat" and all I have figured out is they are London,England made.

So I thought I would turn to this board and ask if anyone has ever owned/smoked one of these pipes before. I figure for 15$ I should just go out on a limb and pick the pipe up but was wondering if anyone else knew anything about them.

Thanks.

-Eric.

I will try to get a hold of the pipe guy tomorrow and see what he says about it. If he hasn't heard of it, then I would be a little concerned as he has been dealing with pipes for over 50+ years. Just send me a PM with all the details you have on it so i can approach him with all the informed information.

I had one that I got off of ebay about a year ago. Unfortunately it came with a cracked shank so I never got to smoke it. It was part of a lot of 6 estates I had purchased for about $25. I used to see them on ebay from time to time sell for between $10-$15. I have no information about the maker or anything.

I would suspect that they are one of those inexpensive types of pipes that are often sold as basket pipes or the like. I'd try to talk the guy down to $10, but I'm frugal like that. :) It may well be a good smoking pipe to knock around in the yard or the shop.

If he got in a trade and HE only smoked 3 times, how many times did the guy before him smoke it?

From what he said it was never smoked before in the trade, I guess the guy he got it from kind of threw it in as something extra. So it's only been smoked a few times in it's lifetime.

I don't think this guy would be trying to "con" me or anything he is a regular at the B&M and even helped me get started with pipe smoking back when I was getting into it. I know the owner of the B&M pointed me in his direction for pipe help, said he is a knowledgeable guy and has a really large pipe collection but I guess he has so many he is just trying to get rid of pipes he knows he can't get around to smoking.

From what I could find online is it's like you said Alan, basically a more common pipe brand nothing fancy that usually sells well from what I've seen 35$-75$ new.

I'm going to get a hold of the guy soon and tell him I'm probably going to be picking it up soon. I figure for 15$ what the hell, I'm not one to complain about trying to increase my pipe collection (only 5 at the moment) and I'm not one who is into brand name pipe collecting yet....though I do want to get a Boswell sometime soon :whistling:

If it's in good shape and suits your tastes looks-wise, it sounds like you can't really go wrong. It's hard to find a briar pipe for $15.

Good luck!