• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arnold smokes Partagas

i like this part:

"<snip> The U.S. embargo got more strict in 2004, when it also became illegal for American citizens to purchase or smoke the cigars abroad.

There's a movement to change the policy within the United States. This week, five U.S. congress members in favour of easing the embargo and its related travel restrictions are in Cuba to discuss agricultural trade and U.S.-Cuban relations.

Aaron McLear, a spokesman for the governor, said the brief stop was unusual, but not unheard of. Mr. Schwarzenegger has made no secret of his passion for cigars.

Mr. McLear would not comment on Mr. Schwarzenegger's attitude toward the U.S. embargo of Cuban goods.

"He stopped by, smoked it, nothing else. I don't know what kind of cigar it was and it's gone now," Mr. McLear said.

It's not the first time a famous American politician has stopped by to sample the cigars at this little shop. Just last year, former president Bill Clinton bought a few, said employee Tina Nguyen.

Ms. Nguyen said many of the hotel's American clients will stop in to partake of the forbidden goods. The shop is unaffiliated with the Westin Hotel where it is located." <snip>

So, when something is as public as a Governor smoking a Cuban abroad, what's the government going to do about it? I mean there's no doubt he bought a Cuban cigar, albeit on foreign soil, they just let this go?

So, when something is as public as a Governor smoking a Cuban abroad, what's the government going to do about it? I mean there's no doubt he bought a Cuban cigar, albeit on foreign soil, they just let this go?

yupp, there not going to touch him, hell theres senators who keep boxes of cohiba's on there desk in there gov office.

So if your TAX dollar can pay for a Cuban cigar why than can't the money that is in my Pocket ?

So if your TAX dollar can pay for a Cuban cigar why than can't the money that is in my Pocket ?

because your not important or rich.

They don't mess with politicians. Fred Thompson, the Law & Order actor who is starting his bid for the Republican ticket makes no secret of his love for Cuban Cigars either. Neither does Bill Clinton or numerous other politicians.

But me... If I were to profess my love for and stockpile of Cuban Cigars OFAC would be all over me like stink on $h!t.

They don't mess with politicians. Fred Thompson, the Law & Order actor who is starting his bid for the Republican ticket makes no secret of his love for Cuban Cigars either. Neither does Bill Clinton or numerous other politicians.

But me... If I were to profess my love for and stockpile of Cuban Cigars OFAC would be all over me like stink on $h!t.

Oh wait, I do... I wonder if that means I'm finally important?!?!?!?!

You think it would be the other way around. It's much more difficult to nail joe-shmo who's not famous, but they could easily make an example of a well-known actor or politician if they really cared about the embargo.

Arnold didn't actually buy the cigar, an anonymous aide bought it and then gave it to him. I don't know if that means he violated the embargo or not.

Arnold didn't actually buy the cigar, an anonymous aide bought it and then gave it to him. I don't know if that means he violated the embargo or not.

True, but they KNOW he loves Cubans and other people like actors for example. If they REALLY wanted to nail someone they could search his home, open up the humidor and find thousands of Cubans. I'm sure they could get a warrant to do so under the embargo rules.

cosby-770912.jpg

Man, I'd be screwed!!

First there is really no proof here other than the word of the store clerk. I am sure the Governor's people will not rat him out. The evidence is gone so it is really just words.

But alas . . . as stated above it is true that politicians and the wealthy do not have to abide by the rules in many cases.

TAX dollars were nto used to pay for this. Why would you think that? Just because a politician buys something why would it be tax dollars? Arnold, as well as every other politician, has his own money. In fact, in the case of Arnold, he does not even take his paycheck for being governor, never has.

Just a couple thoughts.

True, but they KNOW he loves Cubans and other people like actors for example. If they REALLY wanted to nail someone they could search his home, open up the humidor and find thousands of Cubans. I'm sure they could get a warrant to do so under the embargo rules.

cosby-770912.jpg

Man, I'd be screwed!!

I think they'd then have to prove that he purchased them, which I'm sure he could make more difficult (as could you or I - we don't have to provide incriminating information).

I think they'd then have to prove that he purchased them, which I'm sure he could make more difficult (as could you or I - we don't have to provide incriminating information).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the embargo prevent a U.S. citizen from even possessing Cuban products? Regardless of who bought it, if it's in your home doesn't it constitute a violation of the law?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the embargo prevent a U.S. citizen from even possessing Cuban products? Regardless of who bought it, if it's in your home doesn't it constitute a violation of the law?

My understanding is that you are in violation by possession of Cuban products whether or not you are on US soil.

Its Arnold, what can they do? If they try to charge him he will just reveal his robot form and start firing away!

He seems to have little to lose. It isn't like he could run for President, and he's already milked Cal for all it's worth.

This is just more fodder for the Arnlod mystique. :whistling: