• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Art Bell

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Any other Art Bell fans out there? He's finally coming back on the air. Below is a copy of the news release:ART BELL BACK ON AIR FEB. 5, 2001 LOS ANGELES, Jan. 5, 2001 ­ Art Bell, the radio personality famous for his spontaneous and compelling conversations about all things unexplained, has announced his return to radio. Bell resumes his reign as host of the most listened to live overnight radio program, Coast to Coast AM on Feb. 5 from 1am to 6am ET. Bell states, "The negotiation was brutal and bloody! The result... fewer commercials and back to five hours."Bell resigned last April because of family and legal issues that required his full attention. These have been resolved. His passion for radio and his audience has propelled him back with a renewed commitment to the unique show he created in 1993. Coast to Coast AM airs on more than 430 stations nationwide. "I am ecstatic to welcome Art Bell back to his program," said Kraig T. Kitchin, president/COO of Premiere Radio Networks. "It was a bloody negotiation – pulling someone out of retirement always is. I am wildly enthusiastic to bring the news to affiliates and listeners nationwide... imagine their reaction! I also want to add my thanks to Mike Siegel."Premiere Radio Networks, Inc., a subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications (NYSE:CCU), syndicates more than 60 radio programs to more than 7,800 radio affiliations and reaches over 180 million listeners weekly. Premiere is the number one radio network in the country and features the following personalities: Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Jim Rome, Rick Dees, Casey Kasem, Dr. Dean Edell, Bob (Kevoian) & Tom (Griswold), Phil Hendrie, Leeza Gibbons, Michael Reagan, Dave Koz, Blair Garner, Lionel, and others. Premiere is based in Sherman Oaks, Calif., with eleven offices nationwide.

I got hooked on Art driving in the middle of the night and he was interviewing a guy that had a 'real' ghost in a container in his bedroom. He said the temp was 20 degrees colder by the box and his cats & dogs wouldn't go near it. Weird stuff.

I realize I may be stoned here but.....I thought his show got more interesting when he left!!I hope he will broaden his focus of topics. There are a lot of unexplained phenomena out there.Debbie

LOL @ DEB
I hope you were refering to people throwing stones at you!! ;)

LOL I was thinking the same thing Michael...

Love the guy. I actually work O.T. just so I catch him on the ride home. The theories he presents are quite thought provoking, though I believe some of his guests opinions are a little over the top. Glad he's back.

ya i like him too but if i hear another show about the bible code im going to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and now he's been on vacation. I don't really care for the guy who sit's in for him, he's not all that great.

you mean eian punnet? ya hes from atlanta he sucked when he was here too

Yes, that's him, Ian Punnet. He's really dull, and the topics aren't too hot either. What's your favorite show that Art does? My favorite show he does about once a year, and it's always on Halloween night -- it's called Ghost to Ghost. Everyone calls in and tell's their ghost stories.

ya i lioke goast stories too my fave was the ppl who had recordings from haunted houses personaly i saw lots of weird stuff doing work for white sands so goast stories are a nice break

Ya I catch him on the radio every so often..... My mother-inlaw lives close to him in NV.