• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente 858 Sungrown

txraddoc

I'm not sure where I got this one but I stumbled on it in my humidor today and said, that cigar looks pretty good. This is a well constructed dark brown cigar which measures 6 x 47 which is the size I am liking the best right now. The wrapper is dark brown and covered in cedar with a nice black band around the foot.

It lights quickly and the first draw is complex with flavors of well aged tobacco and a very nice spice. The burn is absolutely razor sharp and the cigar requires no touchups whatsoever. The flavors remain the same throughout and the cigar is very pleasing paired with a small amount of Buchanans 12yo scotch.

I enjoyed this one very much and would like to buy some more!

858m-1.jpg

858m-2.jpg

858m-3.jpg

I thought only the Chateau and double Chateau had the cedar and black foot band.

I had a Chateau Sungrown for a Blind Review and it was splendid!!!

Great stick. I tend to be a SunGrown whore and Fuentes never bring anything short of excelence to the palate everytime.

I thought only the Chateau and double Chateau had the cedar and black foot band.

I had a Chateau Sungrown for a Blind Review and it was splendid!!!

Nope, the 858 SGs also come with cedar and a black foot ribbon. At least the couple of boxes that I have do.. :whistling:

^^ Thanks! I didn't know anything for sure, just thought that was what I read somewhere. Thanks for clearing it up!

I could very well be mistaken, but I believe all Sungrowns have the black band. As well as the Don Carlos, I think, but that is stretching my knowledge of AF to the limit.