• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Anejo #77

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Arturo Fuente Anejo #77
Kind of a funny story for The Shark:

Not having done it in a while, I forgot what a damn production it is to smoke in the car.

Upon leaving work for the evening I was in need of a pick-me-up. Enter The Shark **insert Jaws theme song here** What a peculiar shape! The smoke has a box-pressed foot tapering into a more conventional tubular torpedo at mid-ship. This makes for a strange feel in the hand…but pleasing none-the-less.

On my way to my car I clipped and took a dry run. Hmmm…dark and sweet. Nice dark wrapper too. Purty :)

With a nice, long cigar match I fired her up and immediately received a mouthful of Turkish coffee prior to getting in the Subaru. If you have never had Turkish coffee, it is sickly sweet and is definitely an acquired taste. I’m guilty of acquiring it.

The smoke from the stick was moderate and quite gray in color. I proceeded back to my lovely hometown of Ballard in ho-hum, everyday gridlock. While in transit I worked the cigar, trying to puff only when moving. This helps to move the smoke out of the car. Well, when you’re barely moving very little smoke actually leaves the car. Hah! The Subaru probably looked like it was full of hot boxing teenagers to the casual observer; smoke rolling out of all four cracked windows ala′ Cheech and Chong.

About mid-stick the stick started to take on a very light spiciness and give off a bit of an ammonia scent. I suspect that this was due to my rushing things, but it could also have been that The Shark needed a little more time in the humidor.

Now mind you, we’re at the halfway point here and I still haven’t lost the ash. Its about 2.5 inches long and looking pretty shaggy, but still hanging strong. Should I tap it out the window? Well, of course not. It would be much more prudent to see how far I can take it before having a lap full of ash, right? I made it another quarter of an inch before a soccer mom in her Ford Excretion abruptly changed lanes and forced me to swerve. This caused the ash to plunk down on my left thigh, instantly exploding into a cloud of ash. No holes in the pants (fortunately), but Holy cow was the interior of the car a mess!

I’d have to say that The Shark was a tad overrated for the price of admission. It struck me as being one dimensional, and I think a good amount of aging would help this stick a lot. **Please bare in mind that this is just my humble opinion. To each his or her own.** The #77 was good, but not good enough for the current market value. Definitely pick one up though if you find a good deal or are well heeled.

And yes, the car is still a mess :0

Tony Bones said:
The Subaru probably looked like it was full of hot boxing teenagers to the casual observer; smoke rolling out of all four cracked windows ala′ Cheech and Chong.
I don't think the casual observer would think of it as "hot boxing"

you smoking anything else in that Subaru of yours?? :0

I smoke in my car almost everyday but I have not had the shark yet. I believe this one will wait for a quieter time.

The Anejos are decent smokes when young and exactly as you describe them. With age, they become a bit more complex and smoother.
Still a pricey stick in my opinion :)

hrm... didn't much care for the Añejo Shark or the Untold Story Maduro... interesting. Well, at least we won't be fighting over who smokes what cigars... except when it comes to the Opus and Padróns it seems. :D

moki said:
hrm... didn't much care for the Añejo Shark or the Untold Story Maduro... interesting. Well, at least we won't be fighting over who smokes what cigars... except when it comes to the Opus and Padróns it seems. :D
Guard your PAM's w/ your life funny man :)