• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Anejo Sharks #77 MADURO

tobaccoleaf1

Billboardtobacco.com Webmaster
Just arrived!

The first of its kind. A round cap to square foot cigar. The Reserva Añejo has been called the maduro Opus X because the binder and filler are reportedly the same as an Opus X, with a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper aged in cognac barrels. The Añejo series are normally only released around the holidays.

5 3/4 x 52

Availability: Usually ships in 3-4 business days.

927703$25.00

Link: http://store.billboardtobacco.com/arfuansh77ma.html

For what it's worth, my local shop has these in right now -- $11.33 a stick minus the 20% club discount I have here is $9.06 a stick, plus 8% NYS sales tax brings us to $9.78 a stick.

And that's including the 37% NYS tobacco tax...

Beefcube said:
Moki, you forgot to say "Checkmate"
Well, I don't blame anyone for whatever they sell things for -- just think it's good for people to know what the cigars sell for retail as well. If folks can't find 'em retail (they are quite hard to find), and it's worth it to them to pay these prices, then go for it, I say.

Just making the info available...

tobaccoleaf1 said:
Why not just publish the J.C. Newman wholesale list while your at it.
As I mentioned, at my *local retail store* these are $11.33 a stick minus the 20% club discount I have here is $9.06 a stick, plus 8% NYS sales tax brings us to $9.78 a stick.

And that's including the 37% NYS tobacco tax...

Even without the club discount, that's less than half what you're selling them for. I'm not bagging on you, but I think it's fair people are aware what these things go for at authorized dealers.

tobaccoleaf1 said:
You might want to cool down before you post anything more to your detriment.

If Moki were trying to undercut you in your own thread, I'd say something - as i don't think that is appropriate. However, all he did was post what authorized retailers are required to sell them for. This is pretty much common knowldge on these boards - so why are you so defensive? If you believe you're charging a fair amount, then you could have just responded to Moki by thanking him for the extra research on your cigars. If they're worth that much to someone they'll pay your price even if it is way above retail. They're hard to find. To some folks the price might be worth it.

Instead, you responded PUBLICLY to Moki in an unfriendly tone. i for one won't shop from you for fear of simiar service. How could I be assured that if I, as a customer, questioned something you did or presented ou with a problem. you wouldn't just snap at me. Not a fear i want to have associated with my cigar retailer - especially if I'm paying $25/cigar.

My .02

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
tobaccoleaf1 said:
You might want to cool down before you post anything more to your detriment.

If Moki were trying to undercut you in your own thread, I'd say something - as i don't think that is appropriate. However, all he did was post what authorized retailers are required to sell them for. This is pretty much common knowldge on these boards - so why are you so defensive? If you believe you're charging a fair amount, then you could have just responded to Moki by thanking him for the extra research on your cigars. If they're worth that much to someone they'll pay your price even if it is way above retail. They're hard to find. To some folks the price might be worth it.

Instead, you responded PUBLICLY to Moki in an unfriendly tone. i for one won't shop from you for fear of simiar service. How could I be assured that if I, as a customer, questioned something you did or presented ou with a problem. you wouldn't just snap at me. Not a fear i want to have associated with my cigar retailer - especially if I'm paying $25/cigar.

My .02

Cheers,
Dixie
What he said ??? :lookup:

tobaccoleaf1, I really didn't mean to pick a fight here. I firmly believe that something is worth whatever people will pay for it, and don't fault you for charging whatever you want for the cigars you sell.

The Añejos are rare enough that some people may pay a premium for them, and be happy to be able to obtain them at all. I was just pointing out what the price of these is from authorized retailers. I think it's useful information for people to have.

I have a JC Newman account. I am an authorized retailer. According to the MSRP printed by JC Newman the untold story cigar MSRPs for $12...How many boxes of Untod Storys have you come accross in the past 12 months? The cigar business is about supply and demand.

Bottom Line...The Fuente MSRP applys to only about 50% of their cigars. The most rare cigars are priced according to what tier JC Newman account you have and how often you recieve the rare/super rare cigars.

Authorized retailers are not required by JC Newman to set prices according to MSRP...

If you can find them cheaper, great...though most cigar connoisseurs are excited enough to have found them at all.

Welcome to my humidor:

walkin2.jpg

Tobaccoleaf

tobaccoleaf1 said:
I have a JC Newman account. I am an authorized retailer. According to the MSRP printed by JC Newman the untold story cigar MSRPs for $12...How many boxes of Untod Storys have you come accross in the past 12 months? The cigar business is about supply and demand.

Bottom Line...The Fuente MSRP applys to only about 50% of their cigars. The most rare cigars are priced according to what tier JC Newman account you have and how often you recieve the rare/super rare cigars.
Certainly MSRP is just a guideline; but my understanding is that Fuente is not very happy with retailers who have authorized accounts, and charge prices that are exceedingly high (more than double MSRP in this case).

For what it's worth, our local shop hasn't had any Añejos in for about 2 years; they get Opus X shipments 3-4 times a year, of 3-4 boxes. They still do not mess around with the pricing on either cigar; it's MSRP plus local taxes.

I guess I just have some good local shops.

tobaccoleaf1 where is your store front located? What state if you don't mind me asking? I went just this past Sunday to a tobaccoleaf store and picked up some Anejo's #55's for retail..

Backslide

Backslide420 said:
tobaccoleaf1 where is your store front located? What state if you don't mind me asking? I went just this past Sunday to a tobaccoleaf store and picked up some Anejo's #55's for retail..
Tobacco Leaf
1970 State Road 44
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
1-877-837-7988
tobaccoleaf@cfl.rr.com

The one I went to was in Denver "Lakewood" Very nice shop with an Awesome staff. The owner sent me an e-mail telling me that he had some Anejo's so off I went.. :thumbs: First time getting em in the store hehehehe.. Very good price of $9.11 each

Backslide420 said:
The one I went to was in Denver "Lakewood" Very nice shop with an Awesome staff. The owner sent me an e-mail telling me that he had some Anejo's so off I went.. :thumbs: First time getting em in the store hehehehe.. Very good price of $9.11 each
Awesome, congrats -- that's about the price ours would be sold for were it not for the 37% tax here. Dammit. :)