• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente, Casa Cuba line history

Smokemorestressless

Hi folks,

I have really fallen for the Casa Cuba blend, and done a deep dive on the history. Every time I smoke another, it feels like coming home. Their profile just fits me most days. This is the history I have come up with. Also ISO a single pre release stick, or even just the band if the stick is unavailable.

All the Casa Cuba are sun grown rosado wrappers. All have the same blend except for the Divine Inspiration.

Back in the days before the Cuban embargo, a family in Tampa rolled cigars with Cuban tobacco shipped up from Cuba. These were called "Casa Cuba." After the embargo they couldn't get Cuban tobacco anymore, and shut down. Fuente got the rights to the name and sat on it. When he decided to ressurect it, he spent a few years blending to be as similar as possible to that old Cuban tobacco blend flavor.

1.) The first year they released them was 2013 and those have a little blue secondary band that says "Pre Release 2013". The primary band doesn't have stars next to the words "Flor Fina". These came in a slide lid box.

2.) They released the rest of that first run of cigars as "original release", in 2014/2015. They also came in a slide lid box. This band also doesn't have stars next to the words "Flor Fina".

3.) Fuente blended the Divine Inspiration. This was the last cigar he blended before passing. Because of regulatory mumbo jumbo it was better to release it in the Casa Cuba line than make an entirely new line. All other Casa Cuba that are named "doble ..." share the same blend, this one is different. All share the same wrapper.

Fuente passed away.

4.) New releases came in hinge lid boxes, and a newer band with more embossing, and stars next to "Flor Fina." Blends remain unchanged.

They have some with an extra orange band around the foot. I believe these are from the father and son set. Same blend as regular. I have passed a message to Carlito to verify definitively what the black and orange foot bands were for. Will let you know as soon as I hear.

I have a few boxes and singles of the Original Release, and plenty of current release. If anyone has a pre release they would part with I would sure love that. Even just the blue band would be great. I am doing a shadow box for the different Casa Cuba bands, but am missing the blue "pre release 2013" one.

Thanks,

Adam

20221218_201631.jpg

received_495219082570502.jpeg
Screenshot_20221213-124614_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• received_472418914981692.jpeg
    received_472418914981692.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Very interesting thanks for sharing. I've smoked 2 of them I believe. I don't remember them, might have to give one another chance.

I have had one Devine Inspiration that had years one it, and I will check the band for you. What I do remember is it was so so good I sat wishing it wouldn't end. Oh yeah, nubed the living heck out of it. Nice write up, thanks.

I have had one Devine Inspiration that had years one it, and I will check the band for you. What I do remember is it was so so good I sat wishing it wouldn't end. Oh yeah, nubed the living heck out of it. Nice write up, thanks.
Some of these age amazingly, and the flavors are out of this world. Some are okay. Those gems are amazing.

Any difference in the profiles when smoked? Or is it just the band and box aesthetics that are different in them?

Any difference in the profiles when smoked? Or is it just the band and box aesthetics that are different in them?
Fuente says it's as close to the same blend as possible. I'm sure there are slight variations in crop as with all smokes. I haven't had a bad original release yet.

Pre release, or original release is basically a way to guarantee how old they are sunce there are no date codes.

I'll have to ask, I recall a shop owner on the Keys having this blend as a shop cigar. Fuente then expanded and marketed it. Rich sent me a few one year or two prior to the release.

....wonderful stick for the money.

I'll have to ask, I recall a shop owner on the Keys having this blend as a shop cigar. Fuente then expanded and marketed it. Rich sent me a few one year or two prior to the release.

....wonderful stick for the money.
Do you still have any of those left?

What is a CF Cacciatore? Never heard of that one.

Thanks for adding to the history!!!

Very well put together info in the Casa Cuba blend. Good luck on your search. Oddly enough, maybe because of the rosado wrapper, I have found myself to have enjoyed the Divine Inspiration as well as an aged R44 Magnum (Rosado) or a Chateau Fuente Pyramid (Connecticut, not Rosado). The Angel’s share Opus X I believe also uses a rosado wrapper. There is something magical about what the Fuentes can do with leaf.

Last edited:
Do you still have any of those left?

What is a CF Cacciatore? Never heard of that one.

Thanks for adding to the history!!!
Don't think so.

Ill have to investigate the name.
it was a none line stick.
Either the codename before release or the shop cigar I'm thinking of.

it looks like it was a Casa Cuba size ...maybe the original...

Good news/bad news; I had a Casa Cuba, but it wasn't the "Cacciatore" size