• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Seconds

DevilsMilk

8-5-8, 8-9-8, whatever it takes!
A co-worker went to a local cigar bar and picked up what they told him where Arturo Fuente Curly Head Natural Seconds. No band on them. I did not know and have never seen A.F. Seconds. Anyone know the truth? Thanks.

Probably showing my noob status here, but the regular AF curly head cigars do not have a band, only the curly head deluxe have bands.

Not entirely sure it there are AF seconds, but I belive Tampa Sweetheart cigars are AF apprentice rolled; which could be mis-claimed as AF seconds.

Maybe a FOG will give us a better answer.

bfreebern said:
I'm almost positive that Fuente does not sell "seconds".
[snapback]203031[/snapback]​

I have to agree there was an article on Cigar Family about this. I am fairly sure I found the link here(Link added below). They do not sell seconds, they either destroy them or offer them to the employees.

EDIT: Here is the link to that write up on CF:

AF Seconds Information

I noticed you where posting at the same time. Now here is my question. If your going to sell AF seconds why do it with the $2.00 Curly head? Why not with the Hemingway or something of Higher calibur. Also what I thought was the seller was mis-informed on what he was selling and called them seconds because of the no label on the Curly heads. Other manufacturers commonly do not put labels on their seconds and this may have mis-lead the retailer. I would definately like to find out for myself what this guy is doing. May need to go under-cover!!! Thanks again BGarv3 and everyone else for the help.

DevilsMilk said:
I noticed you where posting at the same time. Now here is my question. If your going to sell AF seconds why do it with the $2.00 Curly head? Why not with the Hemingway or something of Higher calibur. Also what I thought was the seller was mis-informed on what he was selling and called them seconds because of the no label on the Curly heads. Other manufacturers commonly do not put labels on their seconds and this may have mis-lead the retailer. I would definately like to find out for myself what this guy is doing. May need to go under-cover!!! Thanks again BGarv3 and everyone else for the help.
[snapback]203039[/snapback]​

Hear ya on that.
If a shop was going to sell 'seconds', could see them doing it to a Don Carlos or something.

Though, couldn't see the Fuente's making a 2nds line.

Apprentice rolled and seconds are two separate things.

It's probably just a reagulr curly head, or a cheap imitation.

From the experience that I have had with the Curly Heads when I 1st started smoking cigars, they might as well be 2nds.

jcpyro said:
Not trying to hijack the thread but am I wrong that AF apprentices roll Tampa Sweethearts? Just trying to find out so i don't spread bad information

If I am not then possible a retailer could purchase the apprentice rolled cigars and sell them as “seconds” to the unknowing person.

Here's links where i had original read this.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...mpa+sweethearts

and

http://forums.cigarweekly.com/viewtopic.ph...mpa+sweethearts
[snapback]203054[/snapback]​

Tampa Sweethearts are apprentice rolled cigars, which is different than seconds.Seconds are the same blend as the regular AF line, apprentice rolled are a different blend of cheaper tobacco so if they goof up it doesnt cost as much for the loss.
If you are looking for a good cigar comparable to AF at seconds prices buy some Flor de Ybor City cigars from tampa sweethearts and you cant go wrong.