• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Sun-Grown Privada #1

vortex

"A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future
If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

I can't find any reference to this other than cbid.

Are they tasty? Do they really exist? Why doesn't MMM note them in his sticky?

Thanks

While I'm asking, anyone know of the AF Churchill Sun Grown?

If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

I can't find any reference to this other than cbid.

Are they tasty? Do they really exist? Why doesn't MMM note them in his sticky?

Thanks

While I'm asking, anyone know of the AF Churchill Sun Grown?

Nope, no such thing. Most likely means "Shade-Grown" for Conn. Shade wrapper, they should have the little green band on the foot, no cedar sleeve.

If I recall as JDC20 said, they are the shade grown but I don't think these have the green ban(d) on the foot. I haven't tried the 2 sitting in my humi but it was recommended by the owner for me being a 'sun grown' lover.

Now I've seen them on two different sites so I'm pretty sure they exist; but, who knows!

It's possible they are both in error. Not likely, though.

Best deal I've seen is at CI for 91.00 a box. I could check my B&M to see if they have a 5er.

Now I've seen them on two different sites so I'm pretty sure they exist; but, who knows!

It's possible they are both in error. Not likely, though.

Nope they don't exist. There is a company that sells the cigar brands database that many sites use and it is not correct.

The Arturo Fuente Churchill, Seleccion Privada #1, Corona Imperial, are all listed as "Sun-Grown" implying a Ecuadorian wrapper. These cigars should read "Shade Grown". (also available in the natural Cameroon wrapper, maduro and claro)

The majority of Fuente cigars that have wrapper leaf originating in the state of Conn. have a green ribbon on the foot.

Examples include the above mentioned, Churchill Seleccion de oro, Seleccion Privada #1 Seleccion de oro, Corona Imperial Seleccion de oro, and Fuente Chateau Fuente and Double Chataeau Fuente naturals all have natural conn. shade wrappers.

The Fuente Chataeau Fuente and Double Chateau Fuente maduros also have the green ribbon but they have a conn. broadleaf wrapper.

Hope this helps. :D

Best deal I've seen is at CI for 91.00 a box. I could check my B&M to see if they have a 5er.
They only have the Shade Grown and the Natural. In fact, CI is totally out of all Sun Grown Fuentes.

The really weird part is that MilesMingusMonk has no mention of them in his Fuente sticky:

Jake(JDC20) is in a position to know of such things so I'm inclined to believe what he says.
Thanks, Jake, and KS, too! :thumbs:

It still strikes me as odd that these errors aren't addressed in a more timely manner.

What about the other half of my post. Is there a Churchill Sun Grown?

The Fuente cigars that do have a "Sun-grown" wrapper are Chateau, Double chateau, Royal Salute, Cuban Belicoso, King B, 858 Sun grown, 858 Rosado.

Thanks for the clarification JDC. I probably picked up the naturals in the shade-grown box. Sorry for the confusion.

The Fuente cigars that do have a "Sun-grown" wrapper are Chateau, Double chateau, Royal Salute, Cuban Belicoso, King B, 858 Sun grown, 858 Rosado.

I was just going over Fuente's 2007 pricelist and noticed something odd in the list of SG available. Along with the ones you listed they have a Hemingway Classic Sun Grown listed. I'm not sure if it's a mistake but I will certainly find out!

I was just going over Fuente's 2007 pricelist and noticed something odd in the list of SG available. Along with the ones you listed they have a Hemingway Classic Sun Grown listed. I'm not sure if it's a mistake but I will certainly find out!

Not a mistake Al.

Not a mistake Al.

Nope, not a mistake but good luck finding one, forgot to list that one. I believe there were something less than 100 boxes released over 2 years ago to window display contests winners.

Not a mistake Al.
Hi Brandon!

I do know a lucky bastard that got to smoke one this year!

It still amazes me that these vendors advertise and sell the Sun Grown Fuentes that don't exist!
And of course one of them is cbid. :D

I do know a lucky bastard that got to smoke one this year!

It still amazes me that these vendors advertise and sell the Sun Grown Fuentes that don't exist!
And of course one of them is cbid. :D

Bastard! :sign:

Well, they can advertise all they want as long as they don't raise the prices on my favorite SG, Chateau Fuente.

I do know that Tampa had the Hemi SGs at one time and Casa Fuente has them in stock. I've never personally had one.

Despite everyone's admonitions that these do not exist, I'm trying to buy them. :laugh:

I've found three places that say they have them - sometimes - and won a bid on cbid for them.
But they sent the Shade Grown. :whistling:

They swear they well be in soon and it was just a database error. :laugh:

I know, I'm a glutton for punishment and stubborn. I just can't believe that all these people could be in error. Customers would set them straight before too long - wouldn't they ???

Alright, while looking for something else I spotted a fourth place that has them. I would now be amazed if all four places had made the same unlikely error because they all sell them. It's not just a database error.

Let us know how the search goes.... If you would like I could send a list of production cigars from Fuente for the last couple of years to insure that there is no such animal.

Unless a retailer would want to get really, really, technical, the Fuente natural cigars have a Cameroon wrapper and all Cameroon wrappers are sun-grown.