• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente WOAM

Boogs34

Arturo Fuente WOAM (4 7/8 x 60)
Dominican Republic
Monday evening 12/18/06 Hotel Allegro, Chicago

This is my first review here on CP and my first WOAM. I found that my experience of the flavors was slightly different than the previous reviews, so I figured I would try to describe what I experienced.

Prelight:
I am in Chicago on business at the Hotel Allegro. I have a WOAM from duglynukem’s contest. I used his travel humidor to bring it and was able to bring my cutter with me. I am too tired after waking up 4:30am EST and still full from my giant gyro from lunch so I pass on eating and drinking alone. Like a true douche bag, I decide I will smoke this cigar while taking a bath after my workout. Neither baths nor indoor smoking are available at my home.

God this is a beautiful smoke: oily, dark maduro perfecto. Just examining the thinner head to the wider foot just adds to this cigar’s beauty and makes one understand the name: Work of Art. There is no distinguishing smell or prelight taste to it.

Smoke:
I cut the cigar easily. Using the hotel’s matches I easily light the WOAM. The initial tight draw has me worried because I think I got the cigar wet. But, it quickly opens up to a perfect draw that lasts the entire time.

The first 10 minutes of the smoke, I taste black pepper and some spiciness. It surprises me a bit but this does change as the black pepper disappears for good. The burn, like many perfectos, starts out slightly uneven, but does not affect the smoke.

As I continue to smoke the cigar, I get billows of smoke. The burn evens out by the middle and remains perfect until the end. I exhale perfect “O-rings,” a little through my nose after each puff. I let the smoke sit on my tongue a little longer than normal. The cigar stays true to the tobacco leaf. I would call this an earthy smoke with rich dark chocolate and spiciness flavors. My mind wanders to the Dominican Republic Fuente factory, the workers who made this cigar, and the quality control that makes this cigar what it is. I doubt anyone thinks of my work the same way.

The grey ash falls with around 1-1.5 inches left. The ending is smooth. The spice and dark chocolate flavors are replaced with creaminess. I did not keep time but the cigar lasted from before the game into a bit into the second quarter, so I would estimate 75 minutes.

Comments:
3 things would have made this a better experience…a bigger tub; the Indy-Cincy game in the bathroom; a beautiful, mute girl with me. I was completely relaxed during and after the smoke. The flavors pleasantly lingered well after my smoke.

This cigar was excellent: a rich, complex, smoke without overpowering you. Personally, I prefer the Hemingway Signature Maduro over this. It is a little less rich and a little less complex in my opinion, but the smoke itself was more enjoyable for my taste buds. I would love to have this after a steak dinner with some cabernet or pinot noir (but what great cigar wouldn’t fit that bill – RyJ ISOM, Opus, La Flor?). I have discovered and become a fan of the Hemingway maduros thanks to the fine BOTLs here at CP! :thumbs:

I usually tend to reach for full bodied smokes, but I enjoy these more and more every time I have one. It is definitely a cigar to just sit back and enjoy while the day rolls off.

Wonderful review and thanks for not providing any pictures. :sign:

I usually tend to reach for full bodied smokes, but I enjoy these more and more every time I have one. It is definitely a cigar to just sit back and enjoy while the day rolls off.

Wonderful review and thanks for not providing any pictures. :sign:

What he said... ;)

I recently had my first WOAM as well... I LOVED it! :love:
One of my top 3 favorites!!!
Thanks for the great review bro!!!

Personally, the two I have had have been ok, but nothing to write home about :( .

I know I am the minority on these, but these just struck me as too mild. There was some complexity to it and the construction on the two I had were flawless. It just didn't have anything to make it special. I do have 8 more resting in the humi and will probably fire one up in the next couple of days, so hopefully I can report back with a different view.

Nice reviews Boogs! I've got one sitting in the humi and will be my first hemi maduro too. I might have to light this badboy up tomorrow...today after some breakfast. Thanks for sharing. :)

Wow. That sounds great!

I've been looking forward to trying a Hemingway maddie, and now I REALLY gotta get one!

Thanks for sharing.

cuppajack, hemi maddies really aren'tthat good. You should leave them alone at all costs. :D

The WOAM is one of my absolute favs when I have the time to sit back with a beverage, smoke it slow and enjoy the complexity of it.

Nice review Boogs!

WOAMs are a perennial favorite of mine...

Woam's are awesome, it just breaks my heart having to cut the foot. I wish they would make em so you don't have to cut both ends..

Thanks to a great brother here, I have some from 2001 to try after they recover from mailing! It will be interesting to see how the years have treated this classic cigar. ;)

I gotta stop.... I was joking and you guys took me serious, sorry bout that.. I thought for sure someone would call bullshit...

Anyways WOAMS are great little smokes. I like mine with some bourbon ont the rocks...

There is a story behind this though. I handed one to a coworker at a bar one time and after awhile I looked over and he had a flat ash on it. I asked h him how the hell he did that and told me he clipped the foot. I laughed my ass off...

No harm intended
Shane

I gotta stop.... I was joking and you guys took me serious, sorry bout that.. I thought for sure someone would call bullshit...

Anyways WOAMS are great little smokes. I like mine with some bourbon ont the rocks...

There is a story behind this though. I handed one to a coworker at a bar one time and after awhile I looked over and he had a flat ash on it. I asked h him how the hell he did that and told me he clipped the foot. I laughed my ass off...

No harm intended
Shane
I assumed everyone got the joke. How did you know they weren't just deadpanning like you? I almost posted that you had just mis-spoke; but, then I realized you were probably joking! Funny stuff we humans do. :D

Thanks to a great brother here, I have some from 2001 to try after they recover from mailing! It will be interesting to see how the years have treated this classic cigar. ;)

I've often wondered how well time treats anejos and WOAMs.

I look forward to your review. :thumbs:

How did you know I was planning a review!?! These were a gift so I have no idea as to the history and storage conditions. They are still recovering from their cross-country trip. Perhaps next week. :whistling:

How did you know I was planning a review!?! These were a gift so I have no idea as to the history and storage conditions. They are still recovering from their cross-country trip. Perhaps next week. :whistling:

They've been stored impeccably at 32% in my garage for the past few years. Enjoy :laugh: