• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton at a glance.

Mephiston

Man i have to say the Ashton line-up is more appealing all the time.My first ashton was about the first week i was smoking and i did not know at the time but it was so dry it tasted like a big cigarrete yuk.Until recently the only thing i would touch was the vsg.Well after this week i have to say that no longer holds true.I tried an 898 man what a mild to med sweeet little smoke the size allows that wrapper to shine and it does.Like smokeing a piece of sugar cane. After that was the heritage yaa buddy that was sweet as well not to the extent of the 898. Excellant taste and very nice on the finish.
Next was the magnum this one was good but to me just didnt do it.The ashton high quality tabac was still there. I'm just not a big fan of that kind of wrapper.Its like an natural wrapper but with a real thick skin and almost rubbery feel.
I also had the aged maduro :thumbs: now this is a cigar stronger than the rest and with a great taste i still cant explain as i'm a ashton newbie.
And of course the vsg and that speeks for itself.
I am going to try the vsg. sorcerer next and also a crystal beli that looks to have some nice oil setting in.

Ashton's are great cigars - the only complaint I have - especially lately - is they seem to sometimes have a tight draw... Maybe it's just me, or the way I'm cutting them...

I got a decent deal on vsg. Sorcerers probably could let them go for 13.00 and 3.00 Shipping. let me know if theres any interest i'll post um on the trade area.I had one last night it was my first vsg in a while forgot how much they curl my toes.

I'm not a huge fan of these, they're a nice "snobby"cigar but for the money, I'd rather buy some Padrons, Opus or my new favorite Davidoff Millenniums :thumbs:

Davidoff's are they not a "snobby" cigar. I thought that's why I liked them so much. :0

Anyway, I believe that the price difference bwtween Ashton/Davidoff is substantial enough not to smoke Davidoff exclusively. Besides, Ashton Maduro's RULE :D

If you like ashtons and opus, you should get your hands on a VSG ER. These cigars have VSG on the inside, while the wrapper is opus. I have two resting in the humi, and moki told me to save them for a special time, but they kill me just looking at them! :D

Robbmt said:
Davidoff's are they not a "snobby" cigar. I thought that's why I liked them so much. :0

Anyway, I believe that the price difference bwtween Ashton/Davidoff is substantial enough not to smoke Davidoff exclusively. Besides, Ashton Maduro's RULE :D
[snapback]165558[/snapback]​

:D I called them "snobby" due to the price. The Churchills go for $20 a pop and I think the robustos are over $13/stick :0

These things taste soooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD, I don't even care.

Dang that JOE.M. guy who sent me one as a gift once upon a time ;)

KayakinBoy said:
If you like ashtons and opus, you should get your hands on a VSG ER.  These cigars have VSG on the inside, while the wrapper is opus.  I have two resting in the humi, and moki told me to save them for a special time, but they kill me just looking at them!  :D
[snapback]165600[/snapback]​

Well you want to trade one? :p That way just one wont kill you just knock you out.

ggiese said:
Ashton's are great cigars - the only complaint I have - especially lately - is they seem to sometimes have a tight draw... Maybe it's just me, or the way I'm cutting them...
[snapback]165403[/snapback]​

Agreed! The last several Ashtons I bought (I bought from different vendors) were a bit tight for draw.

Jim

KayakinBoy said:
If you like ashtons and opus, you should get your hands on a VSG ER. These cigars have VSG on the inside, while the wrapper is opus.
believe me, man, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some VSG ER's...
any suggestions on how I can do that?! :(

(not at all attempting to mooch yours. genuinely looking for a source)

puffnstuff said:
KayakinBoy said:
If you like ashtons and opus, you should get your hands on a VSG ER. These cigars have VSG on the inside, while the wrapper is opus.
believe me, man, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some VSG ER's...
any suggestions on how I can do that?! :(

(not at all attempting to mooch yours. genuinely looking for a source)
[snapback]165708[/snapback]​

mooching isn't a bad thing! lol. PM Sent.

VSG ER Price guide, from what I've found online. and I looked around!

Usual Price (maybe a little high)
Belicoso No. 1 $12.50
Corona Gorda $11.75
Enchantment $15.00
Illusion $12.30
Robusto $12.50
Sorcerer $13.25
Spellbound $18.50
Torpedo $16.00
Tres Mystique $10.75

ER Price (From what I found)
Belicoso No. 1 $30
Corona Gorda $30
Enchantment $40
Illusion dunno
Robusto $30
Sorcerer $40
Spellbound dunno
Torpedo $40
Tres Mystique dunno

I asked Moki about this stoogies before getting them, and he said they were worth every bit, and they should be saved for a special occasion. They look nice, just haven't gotten brave enough to smoke one yet! :p Fill in the blanks if you find them!

Back