• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Enchantment review

Kid Montana

This is the second of four which I'd bought off a CPer about a month ago. The first one was such a huge nicotine bomb so I knew I had to post a review the next time I smoked one.

Temperature: 78 degrees Fahrenheit
Ambient RH: 20%
Wind: 4mph from the west
Sunny, blue sky from horizon to horizon.

I'd never seen this type of vitola before receiving the Ashton VSG Enchantments. Its not a perfect cigar, a nice dark brown with a slightly toothy texture and noticeable veins and minor imperfections. Its not matte but not very shiny either.

This cigar smells incredible though I can't really place any of the flavors. Something cocoa and coffee and a hint of wood.

I used my teeth to gently pry a vacancy in the cap, a test draw revealing a fairly loose draw. Light with my butane lighter on the tiny little foot worried me about how evenly it would burn as the diameter rapidly expanded to the full 60 ring gauge just a half inch further down.

I won't break this cigar down into thirds because everything about it was fairly consistent throughout. Initial puffs revealed a lot of pepper and spice. Subsequently as I began to really taste the smoke I sensed a lot of espresso and chocolate nougat. It stayed very complex with every puff showing me something slightly different from chocolate to spice to a rich aromatic tobacco flavor with hints of wood and caramel.

The burn stayed very even after it burned into the barrel a half inch or so with a uniform white with dark streaks though a somewhat flaky ash which held on prodigiously.

The flavors didn't vary much towards the nub though the pepper did subside to about half its initial strength. I smoked this cigar much more slowly than the first which I mentioned made me quite queasy, and as a result the nicotine didn't pile on quite as heavily. Non-the-less, it is a very powerful cigar despite its size, which as you all know is no indication of power.

I didn't smoke it down to the roach-clip-nub but a little bit further than this last picture. What amazed me by this cigar is how consistent it stayed. It was a very full flavor but the flavors would change each puff. I'm not a super-taster by any stretch of the imagination but it was quite delicious. At about $12/each by the box, this isn't an every-day or even every week cigar but a wonderful treat for when you want a full flavored heavy hitting cigar that burns for about 50 minutes.

K.M. Score: 4.5/5

Edit: this is my 100th post! Unintentional but I guess good timing! :D

Just had one this afternoon and though I've seen long ashes on some I've smoked, I didn't want to give this one that much tenderness in smoking it. Tasted very good and it hit the spot! Good review and nice pics of the cigar!

Nice review. These are one of my favorite sticks to fire up when I want something short lived but with fulfilling pleasure.

Nice review! These are a great little VSG when there's just no time for a Spellbound---all the flavors in a shorter package.

~Boar

Thanks for the review.I love the VSG but never had this vitola. I'll have to add this to the "must try" list!

Glad you liked them KM. I agree and cannot stress that even those these guys seem like a quick smoke, they aren't. Take it slow and it will reward you. Excellent review!

Very nice review! I have 4 of these little guys chilling in my humidor right now, just waiting for a time to smoke one...

I enjoyed your review, I'll have to try one soon. Im sure I would like these, haven't found a vsg yet that I didn't. lol