• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Enchantment

AdvAutoBob

No catchy member title yet...
Ashton VSG Enchantment
Size - 4-3/4 x 60 (figurado)
Filler - Dominican ("Made Carlito's Way" according to the website)
Wrapper - Ecuadorian
Overall construction - 10
Taste - 10
Burn - 8

Prelight impression - Just got some of these beautys in and smoked one right out of the bag (Thanks to Ian for supplying these!). I was immediately impressed by the quality of the wrapper - very well constructed, no large veins, wrapped well. The aroma was "pure VSG" in my limited description ability. (so far a few sticks have their own unique prelight aroma to me, ISOMs notwithstanding - please bear with me). Firmness was consistent all the way down the stick, not too soft, not as firm as other VSG's I've had, but spot-on. I clipped the cap, and tested the draw which was on the loose side.

After a toasting of the foot, the first draw was perfect - no harshness, just a smooth first taste of espresso/dark chocolate that I've come to expect from the VSG line. Smooth was the order of the day, as I sometimes have a tendency to "hotbox", but at no time did I get any hot smoke during the first 2/3. Flavor was exquisite - espresso with hints of dark chocolate and nuts. The finish was smooth and long. Once I reached the final third, I detected hints of raisin as well. There were copious amounts of smoke during the whole experience, and once I approached the nub (yep - nubbed that sucka!), it finally got a bit hot, but no big deal.

Burn was excellent for the first third, but tunneled slightly for the second third. A slight touchup was required, but I had to do it twice. Ash was tight with a good gray coloring and hints of light brown. It held on till I knocked it off at the 2/3 mark. I enjoyed this with a fellow BOTL at the end of the day at my shop (this is becoming a ritual that I enjoy!), and the stick lasted me a good hour or so (didn't keep track). The tunneling burn kept me from giving this a perfect score, but it was a minor issue. Another stick to keep on hand.

Robert

I haven't had one of these yet...
but after reading your review...

DROOL!

-Rob

Well since I recently had the good fortune of acquiring one of these little bad boys ;) I am beyond escited about smoking it. The problem is, with a smoke this cool looking I dont know if I CAN actually light that thing. :0 Looks tasty though. Thanks for the review!! This makes it that much harder now to wait.

Brandon

What a great stick. I need to see if i can get my hands on another few of those. My B&M had them a while ago, I think.
I'm in the mood for one this weekend.

I find this to be a fantastic stick also. I don't think I've had one from the VSG line that I haven't liked. The Illusion's are my favorite, but the Enchantment is my second favorite when I'm not looking for the power of the Illusion.

The Enchantment is a cigar I would love to try. Your review made me wish I had one to smoke tonight! I'll search on...Thanks for the review.

Great review. :thumbs: The Enchantment has never done much for me...but the Belicoso No. 1...now we're talkin'. :D

Bond said:
The Enchantment is a cigar I would love to try. Your review made me wish I had one to smoke tonight! I'll search on...Thanks for the review.
[snapback]296319[/snapback]​

I got mine from Ian...(keeping it in the CP community) :)

I've had them before but cant remember how they treated me at the time. But I have another one in the humidor since last year some time. Looking forward to toasting this VSG up. Just took down a year old Spellbound so the Enchantment is going to be waiting a little longer. Nice review.

Well the Enchantment went down today. Not a bad smoke. No more VSG's in my humidor for now. :(

Never met a VSG I didn't like. I think the enchantment is a great little smoke, but seem to reach for the TM, CGs and now the Illusions first.

Great review.

Chad

I love VSG's,I usually buy the sorceror,belicoso,or torpedo's.They all have different flavor profiles imo.Never had the enchantment,I will buy one next time I am at the shop.
I love these better than Opus X.

Well, I just had my first one tonight!!! (via wasy!!!)
I must say that I really liked it!!! I'm not even going to attempt to give a review on it, but I will say this, great construction, great flavor, and nice plumes of smoke!!! All of which I LIKE!!! :thumbs:

David

Wow,

Dang bro, you got my mouth watering for it now. I have a whole assortment of VSG singles inbound right now and one of them is the Enchantment. I can't wait.

Thanks for the review, well done.

I am going to echo the previous comments, I may need a towel for the drool. Can anyone reccomend a good online source for singles of these?

I am going to echo the previous comments, I may need a towel for the drool. Can anyone reccomend a good online source for singles of these?

Holt's sells them right at MSRP, but you can only get two per week. According to their site they have some in stock.

Holt's

Just picked up a couple in Louisville for 11 bucks a pop. No limit, if any body wants me to grab some lemme know befor they are gone..