• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG

Night and Day. :laugh: VSG are considerably more robust.

Yeah, to me those Cabinets are spicy, but not in a nice way. Kind of like someone sprayed the cigar with Raid or something. VSGs are very good, and my favorite is the Enchantment. Something about this particular cigar just seems especially well suited to that vitola, pulling all that glorious smoke from the fat end through the little end gives it tremendous flavor.

I really like the Aston VSG I had a while ago. It was the robusto size and from light to pitch it held the same great flavor. The burn was flawless all the way down as well. I would say that they are certainly worth the money. I actually smoked that poor thing 'till it bit back. Have to pickup some more next time I'm at the store.

I simply couldn't put this one down until it hurt.
biggrin.gif

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10923]

edited to fix broken link to pic

I would have continued if I could have found a way to not burn my fingers doing it. It still tasted good.... I was torn as to whether I should put it down or not. :cool:

Just got home home from picking up:10 Ashton VSG Sorcerer
10 Ashton VSG Illusion
5 Ashton AGED Maduro #60
I have never had these,but read great things about all and I got a great deal on these so I shelled out the cash.Going to try one of each and put away to age peacefully.Hopefully I can stay out of them for a while!!!!! :D

I like the little Tres Mystiques. I'm still trying to get my hands on an Enchantment...can't find them anywhere.

smoke one of the sorcerer's tonight I think it was the best cigar that I have had to date!!!!WOW :thumbs:

I got to try one of these VSGs... a lot of high praises lately.

I had an Ashton VSG Beli No.1 the other day. My first at that. I must say that for the first inch or so...superb! But then the nightmare began. Something didnt' seem quite right. The ash was sharp but when I knocked it off at about two inches, the very center was still solid clear to the tip! And then it began to canoe on me. The flavor was magnificent until it picked up a STRONG licorice flavor. As a component...great, but this thing was awful. I have read as many reviews as I can find, and none mention that taste. I hope I just purchased a dud. I know it happens. Anyone have the same experience? I refuse to give up...but everyone has recommended the entire line! :laugh:

So I've narrowed it.

Illusion or Enchantment. Or both? Which will help me regain my faith?

Thanks as always,
n

bfreebern said:
I'm pretty sure the Wizard is also box pressed. The Original "Rounds" were released in 1999.
[snapback]268118[/snapback]​

a good friend and BOTL bombed me with a Wizard... it's big and it's definitely ROUND! I can tell you that the Opus' are huddled in the corner of my 'dor scared of the thing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nfulton said:
I had an Ashton VSG Beli No.1 the other day. My first at that. I must say that for the first inch or so...superb! But then the nightmare began. Something didnt' seem quite right. The ash was sharp but when I knocked it off at about two inches, the very center was still solid clear to the tip! And then it began to canoe on me. The flavor was magnificent until it picked up a STRONG licorice flavor. As a component...great, but this thing was awful. I have read as many reviews as I can find, and none mention that taste. I hope I just purchased a dud. I know it happens. Anyone have the same experience? I refuse to give up...but everyone has recommended the entire line! :laugh:

So I've narrowed it.

Thanks as always,
n
[snapback]294466[/snapback]​
Try again! IMO Ashton VSG's are a wonderful cigar. I prefer them to any of the high-end, hard to get Fuente's

nfulton said:

So I've narrowed it.

Thanks as always,
n
[snapback]294466[/snapback]​
Dude, It had to be a dude. There is nothing like a VSG. My fav is the Illusion. A GREAT smoke. I also have a couple of the wizards. I smoked one and all I can say is WOW. I am ageing the other 2

Devil Doc said:
I picked up 10 VSG's yesterday at my B$M. This morning, I could not believe the aroma emminating from my humidor. I can't wait to smoke one. Must be patient. Now this, I believe, is a cigar worthy of my attention.

Doc.
[snapback]268007[/snapback]​

Yeah, I just picked up a VSG last week when I was down in Florida (since my local tobacco shop rarely carries them) and am waiting for the right occasion to try it since I have yet to try one! I really look forward to it considering all of the terrific reviews that I've read. :)

My shop dropped prices on VSG's back to where they were last year. I can afford to pick up a few again!

I've had a few different sizes, but I like the robustos the best. I don't think I've tried the tres mystique.