• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG

dulaney22

Banned
Just had my first premium cigar . . . an Ashton VSG Wizard. All I can say is that it was spectacular! As smooth and full of different flavors as I have experienced . . . everything from sweet, cocoa, some spice to wood. I enjoyed it until I couldn't hold it anymore. If there is something better, I need to try it. This is the first stogie I've smoked that actually had enough flavor to make my mouth water.

My only nitpick was that the draw was a little tight, but it was far from making anything a negative.

One thing though, I thought it would be a little stronger.

Regardless, I will be trying more of the Ashton premium lines!!

The VSG is certainly one of my favorites. You should try the spellbound. I can't say enough good about it. It's a bit bigger, and IMO is superb.

i love the vsg, and i dont find it too terribly strong either. try a padron 1926...to me its hits the same way a vsg does but a tad stonger.

I was recently gifted a VSG by GregSVT (you crazy bastid) and I cannot wait to try it! I was very tempted today but decided that would be showing absolutely no self restraint!

I like the smaller rings, like the corona gorda and Illusion, try those

I like the smaller rings, like the corona gorda and Illusion, try those

I usually like about a 48 - 50 ring, but the B & M owner said this was the best one so I tried it. I'll definitely buy some more.

The Wizard is a bit too big around for my tastes, but the Spellbound, at 7.5 X 54, has been perhaps my very favorite smoke for a good seven years or so now. Just never a disappointment, always an EVENT.

~Boar

They can burn rather hot, I have noticed. Really awesome smokes still.

These may very well be my absolute favorite cigar line.
If I had nothing but VSGs and Padron 1926, I'd be very satisfied.

Based on this thread, I just picked up a few torpedos. These things are hard to get? My supplier seemed to have a limited quantity.

Based on this thread, I just picked up a few torpedos. These things are hard to get? My supplier seemed to have a limited quantity.

shouldn't be too hard to find, not like opus on anejo. If your having trouble locally, you can get them for msrp online, or get a hold of one of the brothers here that have a store, sure they can hook you up

VSG's were the first premium cigar that kicked off my real obsession. They have a great profile that I enjoy fresh as well as with a year or so on them. Just picked up a box of Tres Mystique. Love the corona gorda and the robusto as well.

The VSG and Padron 26 got me hooked into this hobby. I prefer the Torpedo and Socerer, but will smoke any of them.

Ken

VSG is a very very good go to line of smoke. :) Thye are fantastic. Try em all, big to small. They all rock!

Don

I have to agree that these are a great super smooth smoke. My favorites are the Enchantment and Corona Gorda. I have noticed on newer shipments that some of the VSG's are now being shipped in cello. I think this will help them survive the shelf life and the hand picking that goes on in the B&M's.

Art

Yeah awesome smoke. I have 2 in the humidor that I am trying not to smoke. Wanted to see how they were after sitting a few months since I have always smoked them straight from the store in the past. Temptation... rising. Must not grab!!