• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ASTROS win the Wildcard!

OH YEAH BABY!!!

WooooooooHO!!!!! Here's the first sentence from the AP story:

HOUSTON (AP) - - Phil Garner savored the taste of champagne , the smell of his cigar and the wild celebration going on in the Houston Astros' clubhouse.

Now THAT's my kinda manager ;) :thumbs:

The set a club record this year winning EIGHTEEN in a row at home including winning their last six games of the season:0

Bring on the Braves :)

coventrycat86 said:
I'd like to say that the Braves will whoop butt in the play-offs, but sadly they always do bad for some reason :( . I just don't get it ???

cvmfour said:
coventrycat86 said:
I'd like to say that the Braves will whoop butt in the play-offs, but sadly they always do bad for some reason :( . I just don't get it ???
Well, the last three times the Astros were in the playoffs, the Braves were the ones to knock 'em out :(

I hate the Braves :angry:

coventrycat86 said:
I hate the Braves :angry:
My sentimet exactly!

I've already checked on going to games 1,2 or "5*"....but my house is about as far from ATL as the best available seats at the stadium :(

Sigh....

All I can do is hope they're going to broadcast in HD. And I'll at least be able to enjoy a fine stogie during (except game 2 is at 1pm).

This has to be our year! Biggio and Bagwell are getting too old for this :p

Cheers,
Dixie

The 'stros blow :D

Damn cubbies killed themselves......AGAIN.

How did the Cubs not make it? Oh well, can't knock the Astros. I'm rooting for the Rocket. Longhorn pride, baby!

vewyphishy said:
How did the Cubs not make it? Oh well, can't knock the Astros. I'm rooting for the Rocket. Longhorn pride, baby!
Well the Cubs lost 7 of 9 the last 9 games of the season. The 'stros on the other hand I think won 14 in a row. Anyway, I'm pulling for the Cards/Yanks in the series. :thumbs:

Manager of the year, what about Tony L. of the Cards? He was picked to have a third place finish behind the Cubas and Astros! The Astros were supposed to be there and the Cards won 105!

golfgar said:
Manager of the year, what about Tony L. of the Cards? He was picked to have a third place finish behind the Cubas and Astros! The Astros were supposed to be there and the Cards won 105!
I might have to agree here.

Now best in September....yeah Garner gets my vote :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

1918 :D :D :D
thewave.gif

I was at that game seven last year. It was just unreal.

This looks like a good chance for the Bosox, though. We both gotta get that far, though first. Yankee pitching is so weak this year--- till the seventh inning. No Giambi this round either. Not that he has any rings. Four really good teams in the AL, IMO

hudsonvalley said:
1918 :D :D :D
thewave.gif

I was at that game seven last year. It was just unreal.

This looks like a good chance for the Bosox, though. We both gotta get that far, though first. Yankee pitching is so weak this year--- till the seventh inning. No Giambi this round either. Not that he has any rings. Four really good teams in the AL, IMO
I think my Twins have a shot of knocking out the Yanks, with Santana and Radke going four of the five games. Two of the best pitchers in baseball this year.