• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

At an impass

I just began smoking cigars, (about a month ago), and have noticed the same taste when I wake up in the middle of the night (usually on the living room floor). I just brush my teeth and gargle plenty of mouthwash and the taste seems to subside. I didn't know if the taste was due to the style of cigar or what. I remember having the same feeling when I first began drinking beer, cotton mouth was the worst....

At 19, I had my tonsils and adenoids removed because of sleep apnea, and while I wasn't smoking then, I would encourage you to get checked for your apnea. In the end, it's either a couple weeks of discomfort for the surgery or a mask for sleeping. Either way, it's a whole hell of a lot better than sleeping six hours a night and NOT getting any rest.

That said, keep the hygiene up before bed, maybe have a tin of mints on the nightstand or (if it's not too offensive) binaca or a liquid mint.

I use a water pick with a tongue cleaner filled with Vanilla/Mint mouth wash before bed. If I'm out I like "Newmans Own" natural breath mint in the Ginger flavor. If that doesn't work You'll have to let me try the cigars you're smoking to see if it's the cigar that's the issue. :thumbs:

Dentyne Ice chewing gum works for me. It removes about 90% of the aftertaste. Makes waking up in the middle of the night not so unbearable.

I'll admit, the only time I've ever felt like a cat shit in my mouth, was after having a couple cigarettes. I've never had this after smoking cigars.

I used to get this when smoking a pack of cigarettes at the bar in a night....

I'd say dehydration and sleeping with your mouth open are probably your two main enemies in this situation... the mouth/tongue brushing helps too though...