• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atlanta Braves

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
Why have the Braves been so good lately and ESPN won't even talk about them? We must not be in the target market for their network here in GA.

Please discuss.

It's that east coast bias thing. They don't talk about the Dodgers either and they have the best record in baseball right now! I guess if you're not the Yankees or the Red Sox or ESPN just doesn't care.

It's that east coast bias thing. They don't talk about the Dodgers either and they have the best record in baseball right now! I guess if you're not the Yankees or the Red Sox or ESPN just doesn't care.

Or the Big East in Basketball, or the SEC in Football. ESPN has their favorite teams/conferences/divisions. They see those as their money makers and stick with providing coverage of primarily those teams.

The Rangers aren't getting the press they deserve either. Texas has been the best team in Baseball the last two years- nothing. They will win it all this year!!

The Braves aren't on the east coast? And I just saw the Dodgers in the news the other day...

Well, the Braves have dropped three straight to the Reds. That is probably worth some coverage.

The point about ESPN is well made though. Colin Cowherd regularly talks about how some teams have better branding than others and therefore get more coverage. He is right. I am a baseball fan. A big baseball fan. I would love to see more even coverage of all the teams...even the lowly Royals and worthless Padres. That's not going to happen. The Angels will get lots of coverage...because of some guy that the picked up in the off-season. The Yankees will get lots of coverage because they steal talent from smaller market teams in order to build their 'team'. The Red Sox are similar to the Yankees now. The Angels, Yankees and Red Sox are sniffing stale air in the cellars of their divisions but they're still the teams on Sports Center.