• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atmosphere for the perfect smoke!

SamGuss

As much as I enjoy getting with other cigar smokers and indeed is one of my favorite times to light up a good cigar, there's most times that I am not with friends when I light up. Each one though I do try and make an enjoyable experience out of.

My question today and topic starter is: what atmosphere or experience do you prefer to set up while alone and lighting up a cigar?

One of my favorite ways is in our media room at home lounging on the couch next to the computer with MP3's playing. One of my cats Princess usually comes around a few minutes after I light up and she sits nearby to get petted and from what I can only assume enjoy the smell of the cigar smoke (any other time she avoids me LOL). I'll write out my review in my cigar book as I smoke whatever particular cigar I am enjoying and just relax, often times watching the cool affets Windows Media Player presents while playing music.

Another favorite way but less experienced is the Sunday drive (only it's not always on Sunday). A warm, sunny day, music blaring on the radio and just driving - not even to someplace particular. County roads and new turns while enjoying a cigar. It's the life LOL.

So what are your foavortie ways of setting up the cigar smoking atmosphere while alone?

Sam

Every once and awhile I'll do the Sunday drive. This past Sunday I went through Perdido and over the bridge into Alabama. Sunfroof open, pumping out some music. Also, here on base we have trails that go through the woods, so sometimes I'll grab a stogie and walk around the entire base.

Emo

great question sam,

right now my best time to ENJOY a cigar (without people complaining, meaning my wife and some of the people at work) is in my car driving to get my kids.
it's a 3hr trip and a good stogie makes it a great trip.
but my favorite place to smoke one is sitting anywhere outside (deck,lawn chair, etc.) with a nice breeze blowing and a bottle of guiness stout. ashton maduros go great with it.

ps.
i haven't really found a bad place to smoke a cigar

On my porch overlooking the woods...a glass of wine or scoth and some good jazz playing....

My normal setup is in a chair out back with the cat running around sniffing the air and the current book I'm into and a beer. Sometimes the cigar will taste so good I cant concentrate to read and just set the book down and enjoy.

My wife and I have a jacuzzi in our bathroom, able to fit us both comfortably. She lights about a half dozen candles. A bit of Miles or maybe Joe Sample. A bottle of Merlot. A Padron. What else is there?
Pepe :0

I don't smoke alone too often. But am looking forward to the view our new back porch will provide. I'm kinda an impatient person, so I can't sit still for too long without doing something. This kinda puts a damper on smoking alone, because no matter how good the cigar is, I still can't sit back and relax. When I'm herfing with others it's easier becasue the conversation takes the urge to do something else away. :) Should I see a shrink? LMAO

Pepe said:
What else is there?
Considering your married it's no wonder you ask!

:sign: :D :p

Sorry it was an open invitation and if "I" didn't take it somebody would of ;)

Sam

Pepe said:
My wife and I have a jacuzzi in our bathroom, able to fit us both comfortably. She lights about a half dozen candles. A bit of Miles or maybe Joe Sample. A bottle of Merlot. A Padron. What else is there?
I don't have any cigars that only last two minutes, which is about how long I last in these situations. LMAO

Matt, sounds like you need to buy yourself a tranquilizer pistol and give yourself a shot or two to slow ya down! ;)

It's not like I'm bouncing off the walls or anything. I just get bored easily, sitting around not doing anything. After chasing the twins and the wife around all day it's hard to think of actually relaxing. LMAO

My favorite place is sitting on my back deck with a baseball game on the radio, a drink and a cigar in my hand.

Also Sunday mornings on the deck with a mug of fresh brewed coffee and the Sunday paper ain't bad either!

Yeah and if I ever catch her I'll be a happy man! LMAO Trust me, when you are building a house, have twin 3 year olds, both work 50 hours a week at work and live temporarily in an apartment at your office, it feels like your always chasing something. LOL

Sounds like my wife. CAN NOT sit thru a movie unless we're at a theater.

large01.jpg

You get the picture...LOL. :D

I really enjoy smoking a cigar in a steakhouse, post-filet. I really do not enjoy smoking outside in July at 4 PM in Texas with the heat sticking to my body.

I guess I'm the bipolar opposite of Matt. When things are hectic at work (which is nearly always) I look forward to going home and doing nothing. Nothing. Absolutely friggin nothing.

So my favorite environment for smoking is anywhere I can relax, maybe listen to some music, center my wa and hit the reset button of life. One of my favorites is way out away from town where the sky is dark. I like to take a beach chair out there and just watch the stars rise and watch the meteors trace their ion trails across the sky. It's very peaceful and relaxing and helps me decompress.

FT Bro, that sounds wonderful..I just haven't been able to find the time to actualy do that kind of de-compressing. :angry: