• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Attempt #2

Dude, did you PM Drew? And did he give you the thumbs up on the vendor? If so, what's with the pictures? I would have thought that your question would be answered.

Wilkey

They're real, no worries. Looks like one has a little flaw on the wrapper, though.

Dude, did you PM Drew? And did he give you the thumbs up on the vendor? If so, what's with the pictures? I would have thought that your question would be answered.

Wilkey

On second thought...they are fake. Please send them to the addy in my profile for proper disposal. :rolleyes:

Obvious fakes. The band has small printing and the shape is a micron off. The length of the cigars are all wrong not to mention that there is no such thing as Hoyo.

Sorry.

:thumbs:

Obvious fakes. The band has small printing and the shape is a micron off. The length of the cigars are all wrong not to mention that there is no such thing as Hoyo.

Sorry.

:thumbs:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that made my morning!

Wilkey

Why do you buy cigars from sites where you don't KNOW what you are getting....?? Seems foolish to me.

However, to follow along on your logic, I'll tell you what; I'll send you a list of sites and vitolas. You buy two boxes of each; send half to Wilkey (Ginseng), and the other half to me. We'll age them up a bit and send along a fully detailed report on their authenticity. Sound good.....??

B.B.S.

Why do you buy cigars from sites where you don't KNOW what you are getting....?? Seems foolish to me.

However, to follow along on your logic, I'll tell you what; I'll send you a list of sites and vitolas. You buy two boxes of each; send half to Wilkey (Ginseng), and the other half to me. We'll age them up a bit and send along a fully detailed report on their authenticity. Sound good.....??

B.B.S.
Now that REALLY made my day! :D

I'm pleased to help but you'd be surprised at how many inquiries I get that go like this:

"Hey, I just bought these cigars and was wondering if you could take a look at them and tell me if they're legit."

"Why do you think there's a problem?"

"The band looks xxxx" or "The wrapper looks xxx" or "The box looks xxx" or "The cigars smell xxx"

"Who's the vendor?"

"I bought them from XXX"

"No worries, just smoke 'em" or "You got fakes. Didn't you check this source out before you sent them money?"

Wilkey

Wilkey, I apologize for being like many other people with similar requests. I can say I will not make these types of posts in the future now that I have found a reputable vendor as well as educating myself in fakes.

Wilkey, I apologize for being like many other people with similar requests. I can say I will not make these types of posts in the future now that I have found a reputable vendor as well as educating myself in fakes.
Hey no worries. It seems to be the way of things. I understand and remember the excitement of that first box and I just need to rib you guys a bit to keep my sanity and sense of humor. :thumbs: :D

Wilkey

It sucks being such an amateur at this and I am really upset at myself for buying 2 boxes without doing FULL research and finding great sites like this one. It really was unlike me.

Now if you ever want to talk about spirits, I wont be so amateurish in that conversation!

It sucks being such an amateur at this and I am really upset at myself for buying 2 boxes without doing FULL research and finding great sites like this one. It really was unlike me.

Now if you ever want to talk about spirits, I wont be so amateurish in that conversation!

Well, it could be a lot worse...at least it was only 2 boxes. Now you have a trustworthy vendor and that is key. Some pretty strange looking authentic cigars and boxes come out of Cuba, but there are no worries if you know your vendor.