• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ATTN: ALL MEMBERS, NEW & OLD

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few quick notes on forum etiquette...

1.) Please do not bump old threads for no reason. This has been discussed several times now, yet I still see the same people bumping old threads just to add a one or two word comment along w/ an emoticon. Please do not do this. It serves no purpose other than to increase your post count, which in my opinion is meaningless. Maybe we'll do away with the post counter all together...

2.) Do not put unnecessary page breaks in your post. In other words, don't type a few words, then hit enter 20 times and post an emoticon. This is poor use of CP.

3.) Do not make it common practice to post pictures consistently to describe what you're trying to say. Just say it!

If this type of behavior continues, the offending members will be suspend. I hate to even have to say this, but if you can't follow the rules, I have no other option than to suspend accounts.

Thank you,
Rod

Just a few quick notes on forum etiquette...

1.) Please do not bump old threads for no reason. This has been discussed several times now, yet I still see the same people bumping old threads just to add a one or two word comment along w/ an emoticon. Please do not do this. It serves no purpose other than to increase your post count, which in my opinion is meaningless. Maybe we'll do away with the post counter all together...

2.) Do not put unnecessary page breaks in your post. In other words, don't type a few words, then hit enter 20 times and post an emoticon. This is poor use of CP.

3.) Do not make it common practice to post pictures consistently to describe what you're trying to say. Just say it!

If this type of behavior continues, the offending members will be suspended. I hate to even have to say this, but if you can't follow the rules, I have no other option than to suspend accounts.

Thank you,
Rod

I hate to have to whip out my grammlar [sic] badge, but I believe you were trying to say that the "offending members would be suspended if this type of behavior continues."

And you shouldn't have to "hate" to say it, Rod. It's your board and you do a great job! Everyone appreciates your "hands-off" administrative style (except for, maybe, Vitasea). Hopefully the offending party(ies) will chill out and show a little self-restraint (in this case "nothing pays off like restraint of tongue and pen").

Put a bow on the offender and feed him/her to Neal as his 50th birthday present. :thumbs:

Yeah right, like I'm going to listen to you. :rolleyes:

I'd get rid of the post count...you can never tell if someone with a high post count has a lot to say or just says a lot.

as far as the counter goes, i just joined and find that it appears sometimes to be used as a mechanism to disrespect a newer member when they make a minor mistake. i'm the type to only post when i feel it will add positively to the discussion. when i joined i stated in my intro that i have been smoking cigars since i was 12, or several years before they were legally available. (over 30 years) so while my counter number will stay low , i shouldn't have to risk a smart ass remark because of a low post count. let me add, this hasn't happened to me but i've been monitoring for a long time and it has occurred in the past..

ps, are my post numbers too low to say the above?????

pss, if i am teased for this, no problem i'm pretty thick skinned....

If someone bags on you b/c of either your post count or theirs, then they are dumbasses. It's all about respect earned.

as far as the counter goes, i just joined and find that it appears sometimes to be used as a mechanism to disrespect a newer member when they make a minor mistake. i'm the type to only post when i feel it will add positively to the discussion. when i joined i stated in my intro that i have been smoking cigars since i was 12, or several years before they were legally available. (over 30 years) so while my counter number will stay low , i shouldn't have to risk a smart ass remark because of a low post count. let me add, this hasn't happened to me but i've been monitoring for a long time and it has occurred in the past..

ps, are my post numbers too low to say the above? ??? ?

You do not have a problem your post count - but you do have a problem with:

shift_key_broken.jpg

as far as the counter goes, i just joined and find that it appears sometimes to be used as a mechanism to disrespect a newer member when they make a minor mistake. The mistakes are mistakes and they are corrected regardless of being a NOOB or FOG. It doesn't happen often to an older (time, contribution and respect earned) member very often but it is not impossible. i'm the type to only post when i feel it will add positively to the discussion. There are many respected members that do not post a lot but their participation is behind the scenes. when i joined i stated in my intro that i have been smoking cigars since i was 12, or several years before they were legally available. (over 30 years) so while my counter number will stay low , i shouldn't have to risk a smart ass remark because of a low post count. Agreed. let me add, this hasn't happened to me but i've been monitoring for a long time and it has occurred in the past..

ps, are my post numbers too low to say the above?????

ps, are my post numbers too low to say the above? ??? ?

You do not have a problem your post count - but you do have a problem with:

shift_key_broken.jpg

Don't be so hard on him.....as you can see by the picture, the shift key is broken :)

Is there a way to automatically lock posts that have been inactive for a while (like say 9 months)? Just an idea.

Todd, there is a real purpose for the post counter. It is that there should be a limit and at some point you should be required to shut the phuck up!!!!!!!!

It will give brothers pause in posting shizzle. Plus it will give us some respite from Bill and Ray.

Is there a way to automatically lock posts that have been inactive for a while (like say 9 months)? Just an idea.
Other forums automatically transfer threads to archive but I'm not sure I'd like to see us go this step just yet. I think we ought to let Rod's admonishment sink in a bit. If we can show that we can keep to them, then it would keep the whole information base of the forum "live" which is an attractive feature to me. In actuality, relatively few old threads are resurrected. As such, closing off the old threads to posts would accomplish little in terms of reducing overhead. At least that's my guess.

Wilkey

Hey Rodster!

I vote you get rid of the post counter.....

and MattR? :cool:

That would save all the post padding BS.

And Ratt.... well, he's just a Dick! :sign:

Ironically, the rule that is the most easily defined and understood(3. using pictures to say what a few words say as well) is used in a reply to this post.

Bailiff! WHACK HIS PEE PEE! :D