• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Auto body guys

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Reaction score
So, what would be an acceptable repair or fix if a detail job from auto body repair left a bunch of swirl marks in clear coat?

Talk to a few auto-detail shops. The best way to remove swirl marks and defects is a hard buffing using a power buffer. Not the kind you buy from a kit at auto-zone but a professional high-speed buffer. Someone who knows what they are doing can remove all swirl marks, over spray and defects even on new cars. Friend of mine just bought a 2015 Chevy 1500, had it buffed by a detailer he works at the dealership with two weeks after purchasing it, even on a new car you can see the difference and it looks great. Shouldnt break the bank either, $100-$150 should do it.

The shiop is gonna fix it tomorrow so We will see, talked to the manager and said they didn't meet My expectations as I had my car services there before and it was left spotless then. He said should take 30-45 mins to polish it.

Looks like you already have a fix in the works, but I was going to suggest going back to the shop and discussing it with them.  A lot of places out here will fix that kind of stuff for no charge if brought to their attention in a timely manner.

The shop did right and car is black, shiny and scuff/mark free. Only a few scratches that were present when I took her in remain. They even removed what appears to be scratches and swirling that were seen previously.