• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Avallo Accumonitor installed - and lights too (pics included)

TNT

Well i finally pulled the trigger and got my humidification system. I took the advise on here and went with the Avallo Accumonitor. My cabinet is right at 10 cubic feet, so I went with the 10-20 system (2 canisters) and got the circulation fan timers. The product got here fast ! I had a couple of questions and Ron was quick to answer both emails and phone calls and was a lot of help !!!

In addition I added some rope lights as well .. (Marcsheldon you might notice some of the sticks in there ! ;)

I'm adjusting the humidity trying to see where it settles in best. I'm shooting for about 66% RH. (disregard the number on the monitor as I had the door open a few minutes organizing sticks and taking photos).

Now time to fill it up !!!

humi01.jpg

humi02.jpg

humi03.jpg

humi04.jpg

Ever since I got my Staebell with active humidification, I've become very spoiled and very happy with the system. The Avallo is a quality unit and it should work well for you.

One thing - I had some issues early on with the wicks in the humidity canisters getting moldy. I'd recommend no more than an inch of distilled water in them at any time. Of course, YMMV but I found less water to be the ticket. Keep an eye on them because if they get funky, you'll want to rinse the canisters out and replace the wicks. Mine would show teeny little black spots when they got bad.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Ever since I got my Staebell with active humidification, I've become very spoiled and very happy with the system. The Avallo is a quality unit and it should work well for you.

One thing - I had some issues early on with the wicks in the humidity canisters getting moldy. I'd recommend no more than an inch of distilled water in them at any time. Of course, YMMV but I found less water to be the ticket. Keep an eye on them because if they get funky, you'll want to rinse the canisters out and replace the wicks. Mine would show teeny little black spots when they got bad.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I had a bit of an issue with my Accumonitor wicks as well, but found a couple drops of alcohol added to the water when refilling takes care of the problem. At first, I was using isopropyl alcohol, but switched to 150 proof Everclear. No mold, and I use such a minute amount, no noticeable odor inside the humidifier.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I had a bit of an issue with my Accumonitor wicks as well, but found a couple drops of alcohol added to the water when refilling takes care of the problem. At first, I was using isopropyl alcohol, but switched to 150 proof Everclear. No mold, and I use such a minute amount, no noticeable odor inside the humidifier.
Jack, that's pretty clever. I have resisted using any additives in the water, but a couple drops of everclear don't sound like a problem to me. When the weather turns warm, and we go onto the other side of the curve humidity wise, I may give that a shot..... :cool:

Thanks, my friend - B.B.S.

Glad to be of service! lol And it's a perfect excuse to keep a bottle in the house for cigar "medicinal" purposes!!