• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Avallo Accumonitor

Cparker

My dogs don't smoke
I am going to "JOP" (jump on pile) of the prior posters advocating the Avallo Accumonitor system.

I have a Chairside Humidor. I had a Cigar Oasis that was hard to regulate, then ran non-stop and turned my cigar collection into soaked tobacco leaves as it ran up humidity to near 90% while I was out of town ruining way too many sticks. There were water driplets on the glass door when I came home.

Based on recommendations, I bought the Accumonitor with one canister and a fan. The distributor was very helpful in assisting me to select the size the unit, and the unit was easy to assemble. Set up on Saturday, and humi was leveled out at 65% in a few hours. Even thought I have a known leak arouund the door, humidity is being held constant. I even used a Radioshack didgital hygrometer to validate reading and test diffferent spots in the humi. Accumonitor read true and level huimidity throughout the unit.

Very nice humidification unit. Accumonitor to Cigar Oasis is like a Porsche to a Yugo.

So, let me JOP on the BOTL who recommend Accumonitor.

Cparker

Glad you like it. If you ever need help, or have any trouble, LMK.

I wonder if they went with a cannister instead of a square reservoir for a reason. How tall does the shelf have to be in order to it to fit?

My 2 end tables have Habitat Monitors...both have rectangular reservoirs and fit nicely on the bottom, under the shelf.

because Matt (Avallo) decided to go the multiple canister route with his cabinets, he needed a humidity canister that would not take up as much room. It would take up a lot of space if you put multiple large box type canisters in a cigar cabinet. We do have the large box type canister available, as well as a smaller and larger "Bottle" type canister. We also have a box type cannister that is very low profile(only about 2.5" tall. We really have a canister for any need.

because Matt (Avallo) decided to go the multiple canister route with his cabinets, he needed a humidity canister that would not take up as much room. It would take up a lot of space if you put multiple large box type canisters in a cigar cabinet. We do have the large box type canister available, as well as a smaller and larger "Bottle" type canister. We also have a box type cannister that is very low profile(only about 2.5" tall. We really have a canister for any need.

That's good to know.

I went down the same exact route as you, started out with the cigar oasis... While the smaller cigar oasis units worked well in the cooler, the XL didn't regulate the humidity in my cabinet quite as well. I opted for the 4-canister setup. The Avallo is so efficient at regulating humidity, it hardly turns on. By far the best humidifier on the market (not to mention it's MADE IN THE USA!). It's been approx 4 months now, and I just added water for the first time. Talk about low maintenance.

Here's a review I recently did on the Avallo: http://cigarpass.com/avallo_review.shtml

Glad you like yours too!

Rod

I have this unit as well, went with two canesters.

IMG_3666.jpg

I recently retro-fitted an old armoire into a humidor:

My new humidor

I used the 4 cannister setup from Avallo, and couldn't be more pleased! Holds a steady 67% rh, doesn't run very often, and is very quiet when it is running.

Have dealt with both Ron and Matt, and can't say enough about their customer service!

Congratulations on a great investment!