• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVB's 15th anniversary Impossible Trivia

Alright, Stab number 2

Q1- G.E. Smith

Q2- Frank O'Driscoll "Monk" Hunter

Eddie Rickenbacker

Chesty Puller

Q3- Oh, come with old Khayyám, and leave the Wise

To talk; one thing is certain, that Life flies;

One thing is certain, and the Rest is Lies ;

The Flower that once has blown for ever dies.

Q4- Dewey Martin

Q5- Johnny Winter

Looks like we have a winner! PM me your addy and I'll get something out to you.

Made it too hard last year and too easy this year.My official answers:
A1. G.E Smith was the Lead guitarist for The Wall Live, married Gilda Radner and was the Musical Director for the 2016 RNC

A2. Captain Edward Vernon Rickenbacker won 8 Distinguished Service Crosses, one of which was later upgraded to the Medal Of Honor. Major General Frank O'Driscoll Hunter received 5 Distinguished Service Crosses during WWI second only to Rickenbacker and cross trained as a Redleg too! Lieutenant General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller won 5 Navy Crosses and an Army Distinguished Service Cross in his 37 years of service. Rear Admiral Roy Milton. Davenport was the first man to win 5 Navy Crosses for his undersea exploits as a Submarine Commander.

A3. The illustration is by Edmund J. Sullivan for Verse 26* of the 1913 edition of “The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam”. It was later appropriated by Alton Kelley and Stanley Mouse, who added lettering and color, respectively turning it into the more famous version seen on the 1971 album “The Grateful Dead” Although they had first used it advertising the Dead’s Concerts at the Avalon Ballroom in 1966.

GD.png

Oh, come with old Khayyam, and leave the Wise
To talk; one thing is certain, that Life flies;
One thing is certain, and the Rest is Lies;
The Flower that once has blown for ever dies.

A4. Walter Milton Dwayne Midkiff, otherwise known as Dewey Martin of the Buffalo Springfield

A5. I wouldn't have thought it was Johnny Winter but looking at his body of work I can see why it is.

IDK. Thats 2 days worth of google fu. Your contests are tough!
I thought the Omar Khayyam would be the stumper followed by G.E. Smith. Didn't take you long at all, I've had some go 6 days.

I was wondering why no one was answering. It was pretty brutal.