• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aw, Hell. Wife's Grandma died today.

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
Dammit. What a bad day for J to hear the news. She's out doing last minute shopping for food tomorrow. Her mom calls and lets me know. I let J get into the house and put stuff away all chipper before hugging her and whispering that Nell died a few hours ago. My poor Love. Her Grandmother just about raised her (very country, close family).

Nell was a good woman. 86. Brunette, outrageous, outspoken and out of control. We disagreed all the way politically and teased each other endlessly, in good fun. She had J and I married in her beautiful, vast garden out in gorgeous East Texas under an arch of home grown flowers. One of the damned cows wandered to the fence and moo'ed just as the "speak now or forever hold your piece" line was spoken. Hysterical and I'm positive Nell talked that cow into it! Made for great home movie. Classy Lady, sexy as all get out in her day and as outspoken as they come. My boy is blessed to have spent so much time with his Great-Grandmother and listen to stories of what a pain in the ass his momma was.

Gents (and Ladies), if you find a moment and are so inclined, Nell deserves a thought and nod in her direction. We'll be burning the good stuff tonight and sipping the finest.

We miss you Nell....God bless you and damn, Woman, I wish I'd known you when you were 20 but I loved knowing you at 70. You're beautiful and we love you. Thank you for your life and all you taught two young kids about being adults and married so many years ago. J and I will have our 20th right in your garden pasture (complete with the damned complaining cow!) in just a few short more years.

Love and go get' em Nell!
Trey

Damn Trey. Thanks for sharing and I'll be praying your family finds a way to be thankful for her memories through this holiday. She sounded like a hilarious woman.

Damn Trey, put a tear in my eye reading that brother. Thoughts go out to you and yours, may such an awesome woman reast in peace.

Man you know how to set a solemn mood in someones day. Day doesnt seem so warm and sunny anymore =[

I will def give my thoughts while enjoying a smoke tonight.

Man you know how to set a solemn mood in someones day. Day doesnt seem so warm and sunny anymore =[

I think you're reading it wrong. Sounds like Trey is thankful he knew such a woman and that they will be celebrating her memory. Good on ya brother Trey. I'll toast her tonight with my family and have a good thought to go along with my thankfulness for my grandparents. Hope you guys are doing well and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I think you're reading it wrong. Sounds like Trey is thankful he knew such a woman and that they will be celebrating her memory. Good on ya brother Trey. I'll toast her tonight with my family and have a good thought to go along with my thankfulness for my grandparents. Hope you guys are doing well and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Thanks dude. You're right. Hard news, but expected and we're as okay with it as we can be. Nell was a hottie and a hoot. She'll be missed and we have lots of photos/videos/letters to remember her by. Hell, she'd be the first to kick it up into gear with us tonight, so, thanks again, Brother. Have a great long weekend. Thanks all who raised a glass. She was a very cool woman!

Trey

Trey,

My thoughts are with you and your families in this time of loss. My lady lost her grandmother a few years back, who was her shining light. Very hard to see loved ones so devestated. Embrace the memories of all the great times you had!

-Billy

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like one great lady and reminds me much of my Grandmother.

I told you in chat the other day but, sorry again bud.

A little belated condolences to you and your family Trey. Grandma's are the reason we sometimes turn out better than expected in life.

Thoughts and prayers sent. Rest in peace, Nell.

I'll definitely send good thoughts your families way today Trey. Give J my regards. Sounds like Nell was a fantastic woman.

Trey, sorry I'm getting to this late. Deepest condolences to you and yours.

As usual I am slow and was not at a computer much last week from Tuesday morning on, but I love to see the way you tell stories about loved ones and I wish I could have known Nell...Much love and prayers for you and your family from Alabama...please pass that along to J.

Love ya Trey-tastic

melly