• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

B&M selling yellow banded Cohibas

One of my local B&M's is selling the yellow banded Cohibas. They are not trying to pass them off as ISOM's (honduran or dominican depending on who you talk to)... but I know they're not supposed to be making/selling these anymore. If they wouldn't have recommended these to me numerous times, I probably wouldn't care. So, is there anybody that might be interested in this knowledge? I would think that General Cigar Company Inc. would quit doing business with him if they knew.

If it was my only B&M around... I might keep my mouth shut. Luckily there is another very nearby, and he's cheaper to boot!

yard gars at best. crappy yellow band dominican cigar. I see these once in a while mostly going for 2-3 dollars per stick. Save your money and buy the house blend!

in my quest to find some cob's and a decent source for pipe tobacco I've seen these at damn near every cigarette/bong shop that also sells cigars, I hadn't seen more than a few old stragglers in the bargain tray for years. now there's box after box.

about 10 years ago I had a pretty good box of dominican coro's.

The yellow band Cohibas are illegal to sell. General Cigar has the rights to the name. That B&M could be sued by General cigar.

One of my local B&M's is selling the yellow banded Cohibas. They are not trying to pass them off as ISOM's (honduran or dominican depending on who you talk to)... but I know they're not supposed to be making/selling these anymore. If they wouldn't have recommended these to me numerous times, I probably wouldn't care. So, is there anybody that might be interested in this knowledge? I would think that General Cigar Company Inc. would quit doing business with him if they knew.

If it was my only B&M around... I might keep my mouth shut. Luckily there is another very nearby, and he's cheaper to boot!

Hi Garrettbuckeye,

I work with General Cigar and other manufacturers protecting their cighar brands from counterfeiting. I would appreciate it if you could post of IM me the information regarding the store that is selling yellow band COHIBA cigars. I will then send them a cease & desist letter demanding they stop selling counterfeit COHIBA. Most often, store will stop misleading customers and selling poor quality counterfeits once they are put on notice that the company (and cigar consumers!) will not stand for it. Counterfeit cigars are bad for the industry as less knowledgeable consumers may (1) mistake the fakes for the real product and (2) become turned off to the brand going forward. Even worse, they may spread the word about the poor quality of "brand X" based on the poor quality counterfeit they sampled assuming it was genuine.

In any event, please forward the information when you have a chance! Include your address and i will send you a thank you cigar....a genuine product!

Regards,
StopCounterfeitCigars

Hi Garrettbuckeye,

I work with General Cigar and other manufacturers protecting their cighar brands from counterfeiting. I would appreciate it if you could post of IM me the information regarding the store that is selling yellow band COHIBA cigars. I will then send them a cease & desist letter demanding they stop selling counterfeit COHIBA. Most often, store will stop misleading customers and selling poor quality counterfeits once they are put on notice that the company (and cigar consumers!) will not stand for it. Counterfeit cigars are bad for the industry as less knowledgeable consumers may (1) mistake the fakes for the real product and (2) become turned off to the brand going forward. Even worse, they may spread the word about the poor quality of "brand X" based on the poor quality counterfeit they sampled assuming it was genuine.

In any event, please forward the information when you have a chance! Include your address and i will send you a thank you cigar....a genuine product!

Regards,
StopCounterfeitCigars

Who are you?

By the way, here's the link to contact them. (Edit - contact info for General Cigar...not the new fellow).

Hi Garrettbuckeye,

Regards,
StopCounterfeitCigars

Excellent! :thumbs:

Who are you?

By the way, here's the link to contact them.
There you go.

Wilkey

My bad...that should read.... "By the way, here's a link to contact General Cigar."
I don't know who the other fellow really is....just that he's popped up on a couple boards recently.

Heck, he may even be with the counterfeit ring! :angry:

While I appreciate the conspiracy theories, I assure you that I am not with a counterfeit ring! I am a fellow cigar consumer and former cigar store manager (back in the boom days). I and a team of attorneys/investigators currently work with an number of cigar companies assisting them in dealing with counterfeiting and infringement issues. To the extent you are comfortable sharing information regarding cigar counterfeiters, it is appreciated. If you do not, that is your right! As for the link to General Cigar's website, I encourage you to report counterfeiters or any related information through that link as I will receive it that way also!

While I appreciate the conspiracy theories, I assure you that I am not with a counterfeit ring! I am a fellow cigar consumer and former cigar store manager (back in the boom days). I and a team of attorneys/investigators currently work with an number of cigar companies assisting them in dealing with counterfeiting and infringement issues. To the extent you are comfortable sharing information regarding cigar counterfeiters, it is appreciated. If you do not, that is your right! As for the link to General Cigar's website, I encourage you to report counterfeiters or any related information through that link as I will receive it that way also!

OK. But who are you?

Please feel free to post in the introduction area, so we may get to know you better.

Thanks for your efforts in the cigar area!

Who are you?

There you go.

Wilkey

My bad...that should read.... "By the way, here's a link to contact General Cigar."
I don't know who the other fellow really is....just that he's popped up on a couple boards recently.

Then fill in your profile or let people know who you are.

Posting that kind of info with a screen name like makes you look very suspicious.

Most here are on your side and would like to help you out.

However your tatics are suspect at best.

You last sentence infers you are in a partnership with General Cigar. If thats the case why hide?

Al

Who are you?

There you go.

Wilkey

By the way, our email address is: StopCounterfeitCigars@gmail.com

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable contacting a team of attorneys/investigators directly. ???

I'd feel much more comfortable contacting the manufacturers directly. BTW, your organization and credentials would pull a lot more weight if guys like Pete Johnson, Lew Rothman, the Olivas, the RTDA, etc. could or would vouch for you. If what you are doing or the way you are doing it is not fully endorsed by the entities you purport to serve, then I see no reason to bring you or your organization into the loop.

Wilkey