• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bachelor Party Smokes

MNBrian

So my buddy is getting married.

To commemorate the occasion, 15 guys are packing into a cabin in the woods to fish, drink, play increasingly dangerous yard games, lose lots of money to me at poker, and hopefully smoke a mountain of cigars for a full week (Saturday-Saturday).

Now I've already stocked up for the occasion. The man-to-be has a cigar in vegas occasinally, but not much else. And as one of his best men, I'm determined to make him puke his guts out. He'd do the same for me.

The plan is, start him slow at the beginning of the week to build his confidence. Smoke a few Monte's, some Rocky Patel's, a few cubans, move on to the Padron 4000's and other maduro wrappers, and then go toe to toe with him on the full bodied smokes until he loses his lunch.

So the question is this - I've already gotten a few of the following

Opus X Lost City - 5
Anejo #77 Sharks - 4
2010 God of Fire (Carlito) - 2

But any ideas as to some other kick-you-in-the-face smokes I can add to the collection? Can't be too rare as my local brick and mortars aren't going to have the premiums listed above or something of similar rarity, but I'm willing to grab a few insurance policy smokes just in case his stomach holds out.

I know my local has My Father's, and another nearby has Tats. Anyone have any recommendations (hopefully ones that come with terrible stories themselves)?

Thanks all!

Pretty much any double ligero La Flor Dominicana Oscuro. THey make a few big bastards to lol.

Camacho coyolar, he'll puke and so will you, you may even turn colors. This may be hard to find, as Camacho was sold and rebranded, may have to get it off the web.

Joya de Nicaragua Antaño,

Strong ass smoke with good flavor.

Although it would be fun, I'd be more interested in getting my buddy to enjoy cigars, than in getting him to puke.  If that's the case, just keep shoving beer his way and he'll eventually get there.

There are too few cigar smokers or people tolerant of it as it is now, you don't need to add another hater to the group.  Just my opinion.

bfreebern said:
Although it would be fun, I'd be more interested in getting my buddy to enjoy cigars, than in getting him to puke.  If that's the case, just keep shoving beer his way and he'll eventually get there.

There are too few cigar smokers or people tolerant of it as it is now, you don't need to add another hater to the group.  Just my opinion.

Along those lines, get him to chew some tobacco and then go out in the boat while eating and drinking copious amounts.

LFD Chisel Maduro.

Whatever Camacho is calling its Diploma line now.

Liga Privada anything.

Cain Fuerte.

San Cristobal Fabuloso . . . well, if you REALLY want to go overkill, the Maestro.

I prefer very strong cigars and the Chisel Maduro is a LOT of damn cigar even to me.

~Boar

Definitely agree with any of the LFD Double Ligero line, and the Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970's which are strong, but they're becoming a favorite everyday priced smoke for me.  Lots of flavor.  I'm not a big fan of the LFD's flavorwise, but if serious strength is what you're after, oh boy.  The Camacho Triple Maduros are strong, and sneaky. 

I can appreciate a good takedown of this type.  You can always play the "whoever finishes their cigar the fastest gets a nice, greasy pork sandwich" game with some Feral Flying Pigs.  

What's your time frame?  Do you have a budget?

Those Joya de Nic's are actually my first go-to smokes...built up a great tolerance after that...but even then I got sick once in a while.  If those don't do it...challenge him to drink a gallon of milk in an hour.

bfreebern said:

Agreed here, throwing up from nicotine poisoning is a lot less fun than throwing up from alcohol.

Haha great advice by all! I've got about 4 days left till I leave, but I already went to the local B&M to get some of the recommendations above! Thank you all for entertaining me on this one!

As to bfree and golfgar's comments, I hear you. I've already turned him on to cigars by sharing a boat load of premiums with him and a number of Cubans. But he did me in at my bachelor party and I'm a sucker for a well calculated revenge play. I can't help but get him back. I'll ease him back into loving cigars after the ouch has Ben lost and he hangovers recovered. :)

bfreebern said:

I can't agree with this more.  If the only goal is to get him to blow chunks, get some everclear and some Red Man leaf chew.  Pound enough of each and barfing until you reach dangerously low electrolyte levels is all but guaranteed.

I'd have been down with bringing some great 'starter sticks' along and showing a brother the way of good cigars.

But, if that's not what you are into, there are simple and easy paths that don't involve destroying a brothers potential for loving great cigars later in his life.

One man's opinion.....B.B.S.

I had a Boneshaker the other day... that'll get the job done.
I didn't puke, but I took it slow and had to do some deep breathing excercises when I was done.

You can also do damage with the right VSG, assuming his tolerance is not that high. I'm thinking torpedo and spellbound. Both very enjoyable smokes that get progressively stronger.

I like my friends. I prefer to share good times with them. Not make them miserable. Some of the best times I've had involved good cigars and good drinks. Puking wasn't a part of the picture.

BBS and Bsneed,

I get what you're saying. I do. But here are some things to consider.

Have you ever thrown up from drinking too much? I sure as hell have. And I still enjoy a brew.
Have you ever thrown up from a cigar? I've done it twice and I just started smoking them a few months ago. Didn't stop me. Now I've got about 300 sticks in my collection with more coming weekly because I can't get enough.

And I'm not pinning him down and raping his mouth with a load of cigars or something. I'm providing him with the opportunity to share lots of GREAT cigars for 6 days, and then using his own arrogance against him on the 7th. I ordered all sorts of rare and expensive masterpieces online just to provide him with that wonderful experience, an essential tour-de-force of fantastic tobacco. But day 7 is gonna be hell, only because he's one of my best friends and I have no doubt he'd do (actually, he has done) the same thing for me.

I promise I'm not going door to door disparaging the good name of BOTL's around the world. And I'm positive I can get him to ignore the one day for the sake of the 6 days of awesome smokes.

All in good fun my friends.

Bsneed51 said:
I like my friends. I prefer to share good times with them. Not make them miserable. Some of the best times I've had involved good cigars and good drinks. Puking wasn't a part of the picture.
My impression is MNBrian is a younger cat. Giving your friends the business is a part of growing up, let's not forget that. I don't enjoy puking and smoking either, though there was that one time I had a shark for breakfast...

Juanote said:

My impression is MNBrian is a younger cat. Giving your friends the business is a part of growing up, let's not forget that. I don't enjoy puking and smoking either, though there was that one time I had a shark for breakfast...

Ah yes, the memories.  My bachelor party was raided by cops.  Real ones, not the sexy kind.

I'll second the LFD DL Chisel.  I knew straight away that cigar was going to fokker me up, and I didn't tempt fate.  I gifted the rest of my collection to those I knew could handle and enjoy such a smoke.