• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back from Vegas!

npedersen

Well, took the wife to Vegas for Christmas with no kids! Of course I had to go to Casa Fuente and check out the sticks. The first trip I picked up a Shark for a not all bad $26 no tax. Then, we went back for Happy Hour after walking around all day.

While I was in the walk-in there was this, from his outside appearance, rich kid. He asked "Where do you keep your good cigars like C. . .CAO's?" I laughed inside alittle. The reply was as expected " We only carry the Fuente blended smokes, nothing else" The rich kid says "Oh, what's the new one that starts with a 'V' in a white box?" The guy working there looked confused. I replied " You mean the Vision by CAO" "Yeah that's it" he replies.

So I said "In here it doesn't get any better" The guy inside asked him what his favorite CAO was and he replied with confidence "The X2's" Well which one, I thought to myself. The guy working trying to save a sale says "If it is the Mx2 with the dark wrapper you have to try the Anejo brand" then he went on to describe it.

Here comes the funny/jealous part. . . the rich kid looks around at the premiums reaches in without even checking out the stick he picked up, and grabbed the $125 stick in an attempt to redeem himself!

The guy working there said he will be right back after he rings him up and for me not leave. I was trying to decide which to get. He comes back in with a smile and said "I love rich kids that have no clue, to bad he won't appreciate the smoke you would" "What's one of your favorites?" I told him the that my stand by was the VSG line, he asked me what size I would like. SO with the wife glaring at me through the glass, I decided on the Tres Mystique to make the trip quick for her. "I'll take one of these, oh this one looks good, yeah I'll take this" The price was high as I expected, $13.

"On the house!" he says, WHAT!!!! He said that I made the sale by "knocking down the rich kid, the only way he could get back up was buying one of the most expensive sticks in here! Thanks!"

This was one the high lights of the trip! LOL

Sounds like you had a nice time. I think my wife an I might try to plan a trip to Vegas in the spring.

It was a pretty awesome time! Damn cold though! I wish I would have said something more up there like the God of Fire or something, probrobly wouldn't have been on the house though. . .LOL

We stayed at the Treasure Island and saw the Mystere show, I highly recomeend any of the Cirque shows. Alot of fun.

Cold? You thought Vegas was cold?

I'm dyin up here in NH and I cant wait to get back to the warmth of Vegas. What I wouldnt do to get back to my 50-55 degree days.

I transplanted from upstate NY to get away from the cold, I live in AZ and yeah it was cold high 30's low 40's and windy!

Still it is better than the North East though.

Hehehe I'm just heading back from Vegas (waiting to board right now :) ) and also visited CF over the weekend while here. I did buy a couple of the Anejo's and 858 sungrowns based on some reading from this site to be appreciated at a later date when I have a little more smoking time under my belt and can appreciate those smokes a little more.

I gotta say though that I much prefer the Davidoff humi on the 2nd floor of the Venetian. They also carry the Anejo's and 858 Sungrowns as well as a nice selection of other cigars. Also, pricey, but hey it's Vegas. They were a lot nicer and more knowledgable at the Davidoff humi and the big key... kid workin there goes "and there's no limit here. buy as many boxes of anejos as we have in stock if you want to :) "

So if you're visiting Vegas, stop by the Davidoff humi in the Venetian first. Make sure you go to the 2nd floor because there is also a small Davidoff kiosk on the first floor, but the walk in humi is upstairs.

Man, anything on the strip is a bit too rich for my blood. I been in the Davidoff in the MGM before, but not the venetian. I'll sticl to my lil cigar shops around the city.