• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back on the air - HF 20 Meters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased a Cushcraft R8 antenna, and once I finished building it, I discovered that it was way too tall, heavy and bulky for where I wanted to mount it. Stathadol recommended that I go with a dipole. So, I purchased a Buckmaster OCF dipole, and built my own mast from aluminum piping. I finally got the antenna strung, and it's performing amazingly. I have already worked several states, and best of all, no turner required.

4.JPG

If anyone wants to meet on 20 meters, shoot me a PM or post here. I'm on in the evenings...

I purchased a Cushcraft R8 antenna, and once I finished building it, I discovered that it was way too tall, heavy and bulky for where I wanted to mount it. Stathadol recommended that I go with a dipole. So, I purchased a Buckmaster OCF dipole, and built my own mast from aluminum piping. I finally got the antenna strung, and it's performing amazingly. I have already worked several states, and best of all, no turner required.

If anyone wants to meet on 20 meters, shoot me a PM or post here. I'm on in the evenings...

Is 20 meters a dating site? Is this even English your speaking?

:laugh:

Ah hell, now you did it. Just ban him Rod.

Honestly, my father is a ham radio freak, but he doesn't know I smoke cigars. I'm hesitant to introduce him to you guys, but if you cross paths with WB6KEF, tell him I love him!

We should be up on 160M were real gentlemen are rumored to hang out. I have a 160M OCF can't recall many strong signals from CA. I'm only running 100W so hard to blast myself there. Farthest west I have had contact w/ is CO. Puerto Rico came in nicely one day but his wife called him away before I could make contact.