• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back to serenity...

jnknzz

Shankopotamus
It's good to finally be able to get back here to the comfort of CP. The past months have been overly trying and it seemed like cigars were the first to go. Sadly, I lost my father to a quick battle with lung cancer (not from smoking) not too long ago. Being an only child placed a few responsibilities on me I wasn't exactly prepared for. Then our close family pet passed without warning. Shortly thereafter, my grandmother was found unresponsive at her home by my ESP-having uncle. Thankfully the EMT's got there soon enough to revive her and she's bounced back quickly.

But with all the negatives come the unexpected positives. I've never been closer to my mother and extended family, and I've found out who my true friends are. Finally, I'm getting a chance to relax and take a deep breath, with a cigar of course.

Derek

PS - SJM, I think I owe you a few reviews.

PSS - Bill, thanks for the very timely, kind words.

Welcome back!

Sorry about all the hardship but it seems you've found the silver lining behind the storm clouds.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you've had.

Glad that things are calming down, that your mother is doing well, and that you've found family support.

Hoping that things stay calm for a while!

I'm very sorry for your loss. I went through a very similar circumstance with my dad and with my family many years ago.

When it rains, it pours.

Amen brother!! I had 7 deaths in my family and extened family all within 3 weeks. The one thing that got me through was knowing that I could count on my friends to lend a soft ear. Your right you truly find out who your real friends are when tragety hits.

Keep your chin up, burn one in honor of the living and in memorial of the departed.

George

Thats always sad to hear, i lost my Uncle a few years ago to lung/brain cancer and it tore our family apart. I am glad to see you are back and doing well again.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you've had.
Glad that things are calming down, that your mother is doing well, and that you've found family support. Hoping that things stay calm for a while!

That says it all...I never knew I'd learn/change so much from a loss.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone...

Derek

Welcome back, Derek.

I haven't got any words of wisdom other than that it's good to have you back and that you've found some gold amidst the adversity.

Wilkey