• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad burn

Big Boss

Why do all my Gurkha black dragons smoke unevenly? I light all my cigars the same way but these just seem to burn weird. Is there smoke trick i need to do or some thing?

Hmmmm.. simple answer is this: It's a Gurkha.

No trick, if you want to keep smoking them, reach for your lighter and touch up when you need. When I need to really fix a burn, I scrape all the grey ash off that I can (as you do this, you will see the area that is not burning properly), then relight the whole thing. If you don't get rid of the grey ash before relighting, you will turn the loose ash into a tar-filled mess that will ruin the whole smoke.

If you get a bitter taste after relighting, purge the cigar (blow through the head for ten seconds, take a break, repeat) and wait a good five seconds before trying again. You will be rewarded with a new cigar after doing all of this crap, which does work, but is a lot of freaking effort. It is the method I use to great effect, but others may have a different way.

Easier to get a cigar that isn't a headache that needs constant life support.

Even though its a Gurkha i have had a few of the Black Dragons and i can say i only had that problem with one and i thought it was only from sitting for a min or two. The others i have had sat in my humi for a few weeks and i didn't see a problem with them after that.

But how does it taste? I'd rather have a good tasting, bad burning cigar that anything that tastes like crap. :)

Where are you storing these in your humidor, the foot of each may be close to your humidifier.

Dry box one for 12 to 24 hours before smoking.

Brian

Where are you storing these in your humidor, the foot of each may be close to your humidifier.

Brian
..and rotate them 180 degrees periodically...like a bottle wine...so you don't get the 'canoeing effect' :thumbs:

Thanks for the tips and info. I absolutely love Gurkha and would smoke them if the burnt worse than just a little crooked. Thanks for the tip on rotating them i never thought of that...yes i am still new to cigars.

Brian

Just starting this practice and it has really been clutch!!! I specifically suggest this for opus and Padron Annies. Good Luck brother, I hope your cigar act better.