• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad experience with Montecristo

JackImpact

Had my third Montecristo today. Construction of the cigar was flawless and it smelled delicious. But upon trying it, the draw was awful. It was tighter than NASA's budget.

It really ruined the day for me as I was working on a paper. Ill have to step inside now and get an A.Fuente 8-5-8.

=[ Perhaps just a bad one in the bunch. I hope so, my Montecristo White Court was awesome.

*for anyone wondering, it was a Montecristo #2*

That's not good. I had one last night that was great!

What year Monte 2?

And what temp was it stored at and smoked in?

No idea on the year, got it a few weeks ago from Tampa Humidor.

Was stored in 65-70 humidity and 68-72 degrees. Smoked outside just now and its currently 76 degrees out, slightly cloudy.

EDIT:

Cigar in question

http://tampahumidor.com/sd4/product/montecristo-classic-2-2457.cfm

Oh for a second there I thought we were talking about a ISOM Monte #2.

Hope the 8-5-8 smoothed things out for you.

Nah I dont have any ISOMs ;)

It will later, I havent started it yet, cant smoke inside. Gonna enjoy it after class.

Sucks to hear. I'm sure it was one of the Monte anomalies, no matter how good the quality checking is one bad one is bound to slip through the cracks....

Nothing pisses me off quite like a plugged cigar. :angry:

Don't worry though, it happens every once in a while. They are an entirely handmade product (meaning, not perfect).

Nothing pisses me off quite like a plugged cigar. :angry:

Don't worry though, it happens every once in a while. They are an entirely handmade product (meaning, not perfect).

I think that is one of the worst things to happen with cigars....I also do not like cigars even with tight draw, and love it when there is tons of smoke in each puff.

That's a shame! I love MCs...though I have had my share of plugged sticks unfortunately. MCs and Rocky Patels mostly have the unsmokably tight draw.

I did too!

:blush:

That changes things.

My new response is:

Ummmm...that's par for the course. Stick with the Monte White's....then move away from them to the Camacho's!

;)

Ya it sucked =[ but, my White Courts have all been awesome! One of my favorites for sure.

Maybe one day ill get to try ISOM Montes :p

And IDK what a camacho is! brb google

As the gang has been saying, plugged happens, even to the best.

BUT, an ISOM Monti is quite wonderful as I was gifted a number 2 from a brother in the UK. The bad part of that was I enjoyed it too much. You have something to look forward to.

Man, I'm glad we are all on the same page here. It pains me to think that they make these cigars with the same name as their Cuban counterparts. JackImpact, I can't wait until you try a R E A L Monte #2, boy oh boy are you never going to want to go back.

Quit messing with me about it, I have to find a way to get them, then I wont have to suffer through these fakes! :p

I had a plugged Monte #3 when I was in Vegas this past summer, it was very disappointing. But then I put it down and lit up a Padron 3000, and never looked back!

and don't worry Jack, you're not alone in missing out on the ISOM experience! Someday . . . when we're all growed up we can haz one!

Jack,

I expect you to write a counter-post to this talking about your Good Experience with Montecristo :D