• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad news

Randyb1

Quote from October 2005 CI Mag.

"Most know that despite the hype and reputation, the shine is gone from the Cuban cigar industry. Thanks to decades of communism and the exodus of cigar making talent, the best cigars being made today come from outside Cuba."

I know this is bad news to some of you , but if you want to try and unload some of these crap cigars let me know, and I'll try and hook you up with some sucker. :rolleyes:

:D

You're brother in law (Scotty) gave that to you didn't he? :laugh:

Just ignore that and his left wing crap and everything will be all right with the world ;) :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:

Just ignore that and his left wing crap and everything will be all right with the world ;) :laugh:
[snapback]234906[/snapback]​

I hate to admit it but I found this one all by myself.

Randyb1 said:
coventrycat86 said:

Just ignore that and his left wing crap and everything will be all right with the world ;)  :laugh:

I hate to admit it but I found this one all by myself.
[snapback]234907[/snapback]​

Then you're a lucky man!! :thumbs: You must be in peaceful bliss right now since Scotty's in Nebraska instead of Kansas :laugh:

Yes, I tend to agree with Cigar Insider. I believe that the best cigars being made today are primarily from the Dominican Republic, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Sorry, Randyb1, but I do not have any of those crap cigars to unload. Ha ha! Regards, knightlaird

I have some Opus X hanging around but Scotty says everyone hates them so I guess I'll just have to use them to fertilize the garden........

I wouldn't want to bomb someone with these and have them think badly of me.

I do not have any of those crap cigars to unload

Post an addy and that can change. You anywhere near San Antonio? I'll be there a while with some Herf fodder.

coventrycat86 said:
I have some Opus X hanging around but Scotty says everyone hates them so I guess I'll just have to use them to fertilize the garden........

[snapback]234924[/snapback]​

I wouldn't think badly of you CC... I'll take them anytime. <grin>

Treamayne said:
Post an addy and that can change. You anywhere near San Antonio? I'll be there a while with some Herf fodder.

Why Bills place is easy to find, just go to SFG75,s house then head east :p

Randyb1 said:
Treamayne said:
Post an addy and that can change.  You anywhere near San Antonio?  I'll be there a while with some Herf fodder.

Why Bills place is easy to find, just go to SFG75,s house then head east :p
[snapback]234953[/snapback]​

LOL on good ole Route 6 :thumbs:

Don't give Scotty any ideas........I want him to continute to head WEST on Route 6 towards you Randy :laugh:

The Connecticut State Police are under orders to shoot to kill any Ford Aspires with Nebraska plates ON SIGHT that are eastbound on Route 6 :sign:

All for One and One For All

CC I would be willing to save you the burden of having to turn those awful Opus X and ISOM in to fertilizer. I have some free time and would be happy to mulch them for you here in Wisconsin.

:whistling:

In many ways that quote is right. The cigars being produced by the Fuentes and Padrons are some of the best in the world. Cuba on the other hand is making new cigars ( EL's) that pretty much suck.

Also Cuban consistency in construction cannot come close to Fuente and Padron. The one thing Cuba has going for it is the taste and price.I love the taste of well aged Cuban tobacco and most Cubans can be had for 4-9 bucks a stick.

coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]234924[/snapback]​

I believe Scotty called the Opus X "mild", "tasteless" and "bland". :0

Now, Macanudo's on the other hand... But that's a WHOLE 'nother story... ;)

coventrycat86 said:

Should be "your" not "you are." :p

I better have another fire sale soon... :sign:

I'll second the notion that folks like the Fuente's and Padron are making some of the best cigars in the world. But that doesn't mean that all cigars from Cuba all of the sudden got worse. It just means that Fuente and Padron stepped it up a notch or two. There are still plenty of really good cigars coming out of cuba, just maybe not as many as in the past. But I hear it's getting better.

Although sometimes it seems like illegal contraband would be easier for me to get than a couple Opus X's! Hell I could find a bag of crack easier than Opus X!

vewyphishy said:
coventrycat86 said:

Just ignore that and his left wing crap and everything will be all right with the world ;)  :laugh:
Should be "your" not "you are." :p

[snapback]235293[/snapback]​

HOLY CRAP!!! :0 How in hell did I do that? :0
I am ashamed of myself... :(