• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad way to start Monday morning....

Cigar Hound

Shaken, Not Stirred
I was awakened Monday morning at 4:45 by the security company calling to tell me that one of my branches (I'm the President of a loan company, with 7 locations) alarm was going off. They called back and said that there appeared to be movement inside and the police were on the way. I got there just a few minutes after the police arrived, they were already checking it out. Of course the thieves were long gone. But in their wake they left me with a huge hole in my ceiling and where they had moved the 5 ton A/C unit and climbed down throught the duct work and crashed through the ceiling. There is a suspended ceiling in the building, so of course they destroyed it along with the duct work. So...after attempting to break into the safe, which they didn't, they exited via the back door.
Luckily no employees were there at the time, nothing was stolen, no one hurt, etc. But it still really burns me up that I had to spend my day trying to get someone that could reset the A/C unit in place and get everything back in working order. Has anyone ever tried to get a heating and cooling company to come out on short notice during a 4 week heat wave? It took me calling 8 different companies to get someone that would even agree to come and look at it the same day!! They got the A/C fixed about 5:30pm the same day, and other than a destroyed ceiling, everything is back to normal.
Even though no one was hurt and nothing was stolen, I'd to be able to get my hands on the guys that did this....

Rant over!! :D

2 words: That sucks!
glad to see no one hurt, you have security cams installed yet?

Dude, that blows.
Glad no one was hurt/nothing stolen, but still...

In this instance "5 ton" is a rating of cooling capacity. Depending on model, brand and type of the unit in question the weight could range around 200 pounds.

That's not resourceful, that's a smash and grab job. Have you had any work done recently? Sorry to hear about your troubles. It could have been much worse...at least it didn't start raining...

Sounds as though they knew their way around, maybe you had work done by one of these bastiges, something to consider. At least no one was hurt. Count you blessings! :cool:

Damn that sucks, but yea at least your safe works. You think if they went to all that trouble they would know how to get into a safe.

There is nothing worse then the invasion of your privacy.
Glad to hear that it ended well!

Brian

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I don't think it was anyone that had been in there before, as I hadn't had any work done recently, and there have been some similar break ins nearby.
You would think that anyone that goes to that kind of trouble would know how to crack a safe! Glad they didn't!!

I'm surprised they didn't hook a big ol' chain to the safe and drag it out the door...

Look to the crack heads in the community - that's where you'll find the little culprits...

I'm surprised they didn't hook a big ol' chain to the safe and drag it out the door...

Look to the crack heads in the community - that's where you'll find the little culprits...

Fortunately there wasn't time for that, by the time they broke through the ceiling and moved out of that room, the motion sensors had set off the alarm. I'm guessing this is the point they made a dash for the back door. Luckily they would have had to go through several different rooms to try to get a chain hook to it.